workin' workin' workin'

Michael Nash

• Premium Member

I'm pretty active on this site when work is low to moderate, but when the work comes in I have no time to participate and spend a couple weeks playing catchup...

In the last several weeks I've shot a few ENG/news stories; wrap-arounds for a TV show with a flying superhero on green screen (among other things); more 2nd unit DP shooting with music video director Marc Klasfeld for his upcoming feature The L.A. Riot Spectacular ; and currently gaffing a feature with DP Jack Conroy (My Left Foot ) called The Gold Bracelet. 20 more days to go.

I'm glad I've got work for the summer, but I'm beat...

Yes, summer is the busy time for me as well. Suddenly crazy working. I have five different projects I'm involved in while also in preproduction on a feature and setting up a new business I'll tell you all about if and when it's up and running. Gotta keep the baby's college fund going!

• Premium Member

Yes, I must have turned down three features shooting early August just to take the one shooting in late August, in order to be home for a few weeks after being gone for five months. Now my agent tells me there's a little film that starts up prep the moment I wrap on Sept. 30... but I don't think I'll take it.

Sometimes it can be more stressful to have too many offers than not enough. You cannot avoid turning someone down for someone else and not have consequences from that.

I turned down "Triple X 2" to stay at home this year. Instead, I'll be working on a movie called "Bewitched" directed by Nora Ephron and starring Nicole Kiddman and Will Ferrell. The best part is it is all in Los Angeles. John Lindley, ASC will photograph it.

• 2 months later...

And I'm over here trying to wave fly's off of my last scrap of bologny... :D The highlight of this summer looks like it was meeting David. It's so bad that I'm going to be an extra in a music video on Monday and Tuesday. They'll probably keep excluding me from shots because they don't want an old fat guy plodding through the video. :P