Time-lapse cameras

Eric Zimmerman

It seems that my first post is not loading. I will paste it below just in case. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

"I was wondering if some one could recommend a resonably priced (~150) super 8 camera capable of time-lapse photography. I have browsed the internet a bit looking for a camera with a built in motor for doing time-lapse, but I was unable to find anything"

It seems that my first post is not loading. I will paste it below just in case. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

"I was wondering if some one could recommend a resonably priced (~150) super 8 camera capable of time-lapse photography. I have browsed the internet a bit looking for a camera with a built in motor for doing time-lapse, but I was unable to find anything"

I've used the Minolta XL-401 for time lapse shots and aside from mistakes that were my fault, the results have been pretty good. Its range is roughly three frames a second to about a frame per minute, but I've never tested the longer intervals. I've seen these for around $100 on ebay.

the bauer a512 and the a508 has a built in timelapse control, plus has a a exposuretimeautomatic, which can be used as a timelapse at very low light. bonly this camer has this feature. normaly you can shoot only 10sec. of film with this autoexposuretime function, but by blocking the timerwheel with tape, you can shoot also an entire roll.

daniel

• Premium Member
The AGFA Movexoom 10 has nice time-lapse built in. Selectable at 1/3 of a second, 1 second, or 60 seconds.

It also has a very good lens for the price.

Here's an example:

Movexoom 10 on EBay

I was not familar with this camera until now. I like it a lot! I'm intrigued by the "4" next to the "1". I think that means it will do a burst of 4 frames at a time. That is a very cool feature.

I recommend you to visit garage sales yards when you can find like Canon or Sankyo or Nikon for less than ebay, my first camera was in this place, guess what? "a Canon 1014 xls" it just cost 500 mexican pesos ( like 50 dlls ) and it comes whit his microphone boom 70. You should try this places!!!

I was not familar with this camera until now. I like it a lot! I'm intrigued by the "4" next to the "1". I think that means it will do a burst of 4 frames at a time. That is a very cool feature.

You are correct. That bottom knob is a little cryptic, but works great. From left to right, the settings are:

V10 +10: self timer, after 10 seconds, shoot for 10 seconds

V10 +5: self timer, after 5 seconds, shoot for 10 seconds

0: normal shooting

[1]: single frame

[4]: four frame burst (approx 1/4 sec apart]

0.3 [1]: time lapse, single frame, every 1/3 second

1 [1]: time lapse, single frame, every 1 second

60 [1]: time lapse, single frame, every 60 seconds

I love this camera. It is built very sturdily. It is heavy and well-assembled. Feels quite "weapons-grade", if you know what I mean.

Also has automated cross disolves, fades, auto or manual exposure, and runs at 9, 18, 24 or 54 fps. (The 54 fps is a seperate button on top of the camera.)

I also like that the camera is based on an integrated circuit controller (the MOS in the name refers to that chip, not to it being a noisy camera!) Aperture control and speed control are all electronic, with stepper motors driving the lens aperture. This is a very reliable way to build an all-electronic camera.

Most Nizos have built in timelapse

I've got a Nizo S800 and a 6080 that do great time lapse. The S800 is variable from 6 frames a second to approx 1 frame every three minutes. Really reliable and easy to use. I picked up the S800 from ebay Germany for about 50 euro.

• Premium Member
I recommend you to visit garage sales yards when you can find like Canon or Sankyo or Nikon for less than ebay, my first camera was in this place, guess what? "a Canon 1014 xls" it just cost 500 mexican pesos ( like 50 dlls ) and it comes whit his microphone boom 70. You should try this places!!!

Hey EDGAR!!!! Is that you! (remember me??? from Hostboard http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...bb/forum/f/405)

• Premium Member
Yeahh , Is good to hear about you Alex!!!! Yes am Edgar from Mexico, and i´d came back after almost 4 years no post on forums...

I tried to find your old posts on my forum but when Hostboard changed formats they lost my first 6 months of posts which included a few of your posts from a long time ago, either that or you used a different name back then that I don't recall.

I remember I sent a couple of cartridges of film for the birth of your child, did you ever get them developed?