What kind (make/model) of lense is this?

Nooman Naqvi

Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like it might be one of the new Zeiss Master Primes. Cute seeing it on a 2c--the lens is worth about 10x the camera. Good illustration of how massive these primes are--that's not a telephoto either, just a regular lens.

I've seen this picture before. A production still from 'Dark Summer' by Charles Teton. Feature on 2.35:1

Camera from Sammies UK so before they became part of Panavision UK. I think this is a panavised 2c with an anamorphic lens, can't tell what lens from the picture.

I agree with John Holland. Looks like a Canon K35 zoom to me.

When Canon first showed this lens to the Motion Picture Research Council, it was shown with a pair of Canon

anamorphic macrozoom prototypes, a 40-135 T4.5 and a 60-200 T4.5, and a 30mm anamorphic prime that focused to a half meter.

They were fairly compact, smaller than the spherical zoom.

The MPRC had commisioned the anamorphics. When they were informed that Canon would be using flourite elements, that asked Canon to also make a spherical zoom prototype.

This is in an AC article from the 70s.

While the spherical zoom was an after thought, it's the one that went into production.

& there was an anamorphic rear attachment.

But what became of the anamorphic prototypes? I'm guessing there was only one set.

Canon? The MPRC? Ed diGiulio?

When Canon first showed this lens to the Motion Picture Research Council, it was shown with a pair of Canon

anamorphic macrozoom prototypes, a 40-135 T4.5 and a 60-200 T4.5, and a 30mm anamorphic prime that focused to a half meter.

They were fairly compact, smaller than the spherical zoom.

The MPRC had commisioned the anamorphics. When they were informed that Canon would be using flourite elements, that asked Canon to also make a spherical zoom prototype.

This is in an AC article from the 70s.

While the spherical zoom was an after thought, it's the one that went into production.

& there was an anamorphic rear attachment.

But what became of the anamorphic prototypes? I'm guessing there was only one set.

Canon? The MPRC? Ed diGiulio?

Although the late, great Ed diGiulio had a most interesting collection/accumulation of stuff, my guess would be Canon, especially if the lenses were prototypes.