New Music Video Shot On HDV

I have just finished a music video shot on HDV and thought i would share it. I am new to this forum, but it looks like a really good resource for me for future projects.

http://www.pixelloft.com/music_videos.htm

The video i have just completed is at the top of the page and I used my Sony FX1 with a 35mm adapter I made some years ago.

Any and all critique is welcome.

Thanks, Nick

I have just finished a music video shot on HDV and thought i would share it. I am new to this forum, but it looks like a really good resource for me for future projects.

http://www.pixelloft.com/music_videos.htm

The video i have just completed is at the top of the page and I used my Sony FX1 with a 35mm adapter I made some years ago.

Any and all critique is welcome.

Thanks, Nick

Looked really nice. For a moment I thought it was shot in the US! How did you do the slowmotion shots? On the editing system I'm assuming as Sony's don't do slowmotion?...

hi

i liked your worked very much

what about the ether videos did you shoot them with the fx1 and the adaptor?

what lenses do you use

how you Handel the light loss ?

did you do a lot of color correct in post did you work with after effect

i only asked because i think that look very good not what i expected from HDV

keep the good work

i like the "edge" clip the most

Hi Guys,

The red light effects were done in post to make things look even more organic. Unlike a lot of the stuff i have shot, i wanted to have quite a free feel to it and shot almost the entire video on a steadicam which i borrowed from a friend of mine.

The light loss with the adapter i have is not that much, and only really noticable at night. I have a set of 4 blondes and 5 readheads which help on the lighting side, although rarely use them all at once.

All the videos on my site were shot with either an xl1s or the fx1 more recently.

I always do a lot of colour grading with combustion or shake... in this instance i was combustion, although i did use after effetcs in the past.

The slow motion was done in FCP using joes filters. I have to deinterlace all the footage anyway, and joes filters, just turn fields into frames so really there is no resolution loss over the other footage, and you get pretty much 50p, which works really nicely.

Thanks for all the comments, and sorry for the late reply... my broadband sucks, and i am having to use dial up at the moment till it is fixed.... DOH!!!!

Later... Nick