Super-8 Sound striped Film

John Adolfi

Kodachrome is gone but the future does look bright with the negative films offered and the prospect of the 50D, 100T and the 100D films being offered by Kodak. Now the big question is: Will someone offer sound striped film. If they did I'd be shooting more family, more documentary in super-8. I mean the ultimate is 100D sound striped super-8 film. Do I hear an "Amen". The thing is that you can record sound and post it on DV and edit without the issue of the 18 or 24 frame lag in sound vs. picture. That means editing your sound super-8 without that long ago hassle. If a roll of sound striped super-8 film cost as much as a roll of 16mm silent, I'd be recording our events in living color both of picture and sound in a heartbeat. Let's storm the castle, who's with me!!!

• Premium Member
Kodachrome is gone but the future does look bright with the negative films offered and the prospect of the 50D, 100T and the 100D films being offered by Kodak. Now the big question is: Will someone offer sound striped film. If they did I'd be shooting more family, more documentary in super-8. I mean the ultimate is 100D sound striped super-8 film. Do I hear an "Amen". The thing is that you can record sound and post it on DV and edit without the issue of the 18 or 24 frame lag in sound vs. picture. That means editing your sound super-8 without that long ago hassle. If a roll of sound striped super-8 film cost as much as a roll of 16mm silent, I'd be recording our events in living color both of picture and sound in a heartbeat. Let's storm the castle, who's with me!!!

Remove the sound head from your super-8 camera, within that empty space fit in a small sized digital audio recorder. Design it to run when it receives pulses from the flash contact. Then Mike accordingly.