BABEL

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we move the discussion over here: http://www.davidrubio3d.com/

But wait! I just looked there, and this type of language isn't allowed over there either!

Yes bring it over there, a good idea!

Before we all know what is the Best Movie and Director of 2006 for the Oscars, I will CLOSE my case in this topic. I am a man of one word.

I want to congratulate ALL nominees for the Oscars, and the other Awards and Festivals! You are ALL winners already. And obviously, to the ones who take the Oscars home tonight! You deserve all my respect and admiration.

Thanks,

Cesar Rubio.

• Premium Member
He's probably a just troll, Rob. It's too bad that I can't find an ignore button, or I would just turn him off.

I just found it. Problem solved.

Same here.

I don't mind disagreeing with people, in fact I like a passionate discussion as much as anyone, but this was very one-sided as he only ever insulted everyone who disagreed with him and never even gave a single valid argument why he liked that film

Bye Bye Cesar.

• Premium Member
Brad? who in the hell are you? a camera operator? At least I OWN the cameras that I operate, and I operate them for MY work. Not the work of OTHERS.

Yes, I'm a working camera operator, and I own and operate my own steadicam. It IS my work.

You OWN your cameras? Congrats. How's that XL1 working out for you?

I work as a camera operator for a living, not so I can brag about it. I guess that's the difference between you and I. Your profile says you're a DIT. Do you not work for someone when you're working as a DIT? Oh, I forgot, there's no evidence that you work in the film business at all. I'm sure no one I know would hire you.

I've been an adult since I was 7 years old....

Yes, I can tell.

Yes, I see that you are very "mature" patronizing immature guys who think that they know everything saying that the Oscars are worthless....their comments are worthless, to any mature adult at least.

I'm a little confused because no one ever said that. But it's really hard to tell what you're actually trying to say because your grammar is so bad.

Ceasr Rubio.

Wow, you can't even spell your own name correctly. I would have thought you'd have learned how to do that when you became an "adult" when you were 7.

Nobody has the right to say that people don't deserve recognition of their work, if you like it or not.

No one did, but you're too busy screaming and yelling to actually read anyone else's thoughts.

I have the balls to stand up and defend in what I believe, even though some (please read carefully NOT ALL) members of this respectful forum, are crazy saying that the world must be like they see it!

You're throwing a fit defending what you believe, and you're acting like a fool and treating people terribly, people that only want to state what they believe. Ironic.

And for you to refer to this as a "respectful forum" when you're being so disrespectful is another nice example of irony.

I DON'T have nobody to apologize , especially when they are attacking me or my friends.

What? Attacking? Take your pills.

Whoever wants to bring this off list , just bring it on buddies.

Cesar Rubio.

So you're making physical threats on a public forum.....good plan. Are you going to kick Max's ass for saying that awards aren't the most important thing on the face of the earth? You're funny.

I thought this forum topic was about BABEL?

Guess not.

Well,

Here's what I thought-

The content was interesting, relevant camera work for the style of the story. There were some beautiful "moments". My favorite shot was the japanese girl swinging, something about it was an eye-catcher. It was almost religous. That had to be my favorite "moment".

There were some downsides, but let's be honest- this is why "The Departed" won.

• 1 month later...
How about we move the discussion over here: http://www.davidrubio3d.com/

But wait! I just looked there, and this type of language isn't allowed over there either!

haha good call Daniel :P

I thought this forum topic was about BABEL?

Guess not.

Well,

Here's what I thought-

The content was interesting, relevant camera work for the style of the story. There were some beautiful "moments". My favorite shot was the japanese girl swinging, something about it was an eye-catcher. It was almost religous. That had to be my favorite "moment".

There were some downsides, but let's be honest- this is why "The Departed" won.

I fully enjoyed the scenes in Tokyo. I love how they played with lighting so brilliantly. Just an alla round great movie! B)