My Super 8 feature film now on mp4 for iPod and PSP etc

Scot McPhie

My feature film In My Image is now available in mp4 format for playing on iPod's, PSP's and other portable video devices.

I'm selling it on CDR along with the making of short film - for $10US including postage and packaging to anywhere in the world.

The film runs for 1 hour 32 and was shot on Super 8 K40. The making of is 37 mins long. Both are encoded to 500Kbps at 320x240.

If interested just email me at scotmcphieNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au (remove the capitals of course!)

stillban3.jpg

Scot

A feature film shot on super 8 wow.

I watched the trailer and thought there was some pretty cool imagery there. Most indie features are on dv and shooting yours in super8 puts it in its own league. I thought the trailer was a bit downing though. Seeing people talkign with no sound is sort of pointless to put in a trailer. I could really tell what you movie was about by watching the trailer. I just figured out that there was a lot of nature and cool footage.

I'm hoping to shot a feature film in the future and seeing that you have done it, and on film nonetheless is pretty inspiring.

Good Job

Edited by Zamir Merali

• Premium Member
My feature film In My Image is now available in mp4 format for playing on iPod's, PSP's and other portable video devices.

I'm selling it on CDR along with the making of short film - for $10US including postage and packaging to anywhere in the world.

The film runs for 1 hour 32 and was shot on Super 8 K40. The making of is 37 mins long. Both are encoded to 500Kbps at 320x240.

If interested just email me at scotmcphieNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au (remove the capitals of course!)

stillban3.jpg

Scot

Hey Scot, from what I've observed in the past couple of months, you'll need to use your real name as your registration name or this topic could end up deleted.

Thanks guys - if there's a problem I'll change my user name to my actual name (is that policy now? - I haven't posted for a while).

Zamir - you're right - it's only a teaser - an actual trailer should be better (have to get round to that one day!)

Thanks for the compliments Adam.

There are actually a few Super 8 features around - including Sleep Always and Lost Tribes.

Scot

• 2 weeks later...

That's excellent stuff!

I've been contemplating shooting a feature film on Super 8 myself but am still weighing the pros and cons. I wanted to shoot the film I'm planning on Super 16 but am having difficulty in raising enough money to go that route. Would you mind revealing how much your budget was? Did you consider other formats before deciding on Super 8, or did you plan on Super 8 from the beginning?

I love the fact that people are willing to take risks such as this. I've heard the old standby argument (If you shoot on Super 8 or video you will eliminate many potential distribution avenues, especially theatrical distribution, etc.) many, many times, but am now wondering if it really makes a difference. It seems to me that if a project is good enough that there will always be somebody willing to distribute it. It's a tough call, I suppose, but Super 8 is starting to look more and more viable as an acquisition format the more I research it.

A couple of more questions: What camera/s did you use to shoot the film? And, how did you go about shooting synch sound?

Again, good job on the film and I wish you the best of luck with it.