Justin Lovell's DEMO REEL online

Justin Lovell

I just re-read the the original post. So there is some 16mm in there as well. Sorry about that. Would you be able to tell us which clips are super8?

The squibs were.. squibs. And there were hoses also pumped alongside them for more spray. I think those flashes were all done in post... it was a while back that we shot that....

"I just re-read the the original post. So there is some 16mm in there as well. Sorry about that. Would you be able to tell us which clips are super8?"

Guess and I'll tell you which ones you're wrong about ;)

I see the CN tower... ahh, home

Great stuff by the way... a wonderful edit, which you dont see often in demo reels, it made me want to see all the movies those clips were from and also imagine the native sound for each clip.. nice work, very evocative.

Dude lets get together and talk shop sometimes, I really want to see all the extended versions of these clips!

Edited by Matthew Bennett

The squibs were.. squibs. And there were hoses also pumped alongside them for more spray. I think those flashes were all done in post... it was a while back that we shot that....

"I just re-read the the original post. So there is some 16mm in there as well. Sorry about that. Would you be able to tell us which clips are super8?"

Guess and I'll tell you which ones you're wrong about ;)

Darn I was hoping you'd let me off the hook so I wouldn't have to guess and feel foolish when I turned out wrong. :)

But I'll say these were 16mm :

1. The woman walking down the street

2. The guy putting his feet up in the theater

3. The shootout

4. Girl rolling around in bed

5. Closeup of the girl near the end.

But I'm really just guessing. Everything looks amazing.

BTW is Stuntman going to be coming out on DVD? I'd love to see the film but I never seem to be near where it plays.

Edited by Aaron Martin

Darn I was hoping you'd let me off the hook so I wouldn't have to guess and feel foolish when I turned out wrong. :)

But I'll say these were 16mm :

1. The woman walking down the street

2. The guy putting his feet up in the theater

3. The shootout

4. Girl rolling around in bed

5. Closeup of the girl near the end.

But I'm really just guessing. Everything looks amazing.

BTW is Stuntman going to be coming out on DVD? I'd love to see the film but I never seem to be near where it plays.

You guessed on all the easy ones ;) You're right, those shots were all 16mm. Shot 2 was the only one that was super 16mm.

I've got stuntman pre-releases available on DVD for $10.CDN. Contact me via www.justinlovell.com (contact is on the site). I'm working on a DVD version with behind the scenes/commentary and other special features. Probably going to be pushed back till after xmas... hard to find the time to edit all the behind the scenes down.