The value of of a SamCine DOF Calculator

Hey guys, I have the oppurtunity to purchase a SamCine mk II DOF Calculator, and i think that its a good purchase. Although, i havent been able to find much information on the mk II but the mk III. Though, its not a perfect substitute but i have the pCam and pCine programs on my Treo. How is the SamCine a valueable asset compared to these programs and what are the biggest differences between the mk II and mk III. Thanks.

I find the ASC manual's "all format" depth of field charts are a little too broad. Particularly when you're trying to limit your focus on a smaller format. I really like the pCine and pCam programs on my palm, it's come in handy more than once. However, I've long been trying to lay my hands on a SamCine calculator. Electronics fail, there's nothing like having a back up that won't run out of batteries or get wet or have the screen break (as happened to my first palm on one set). I'd definately get it, but if you decide against it, I'd be happy to take it.

Having all three, I always use the Samcine. It is so fast and easy to use, and the results are instantly readable and very easy to understand. I actually use it as a teaching tool to explain depth of field, circle of confusion and hyperfocal distance. I consider it an invaluable tool.