35mm print from Super 8

Pavan Deep

Hi

I want a 35mm print for screening. I shot the film on Ektachrome 64T at 18 frames per second, with dialogue recorded separately.

Can I use a workprinter and film each individual frame with a 35mm movie camera? Because I have shot at 18 fames per second how would I adjust/compensate for the 35mm which will run at 24 frames?

Thanks

Pav

• Premium Member
Hi

I want a 35mm print for screening. I shot the film on Ektachrome 64T at 18 frames per second, with dialogue recorded separately.

Can I use a workprinter and film each individual frame with a 35mm movie camera? Because I have shot at 18 fames per second how would I adjust/compensate for the 35mm which will run at 24 frames?

Thanks

Pav

If you doubled every third frame I think that would take you to 24 frames per second. Interformat in San Francisco has done optical blows up of Super-8 films, I don't know if they still do it but it might be worth checking out. I think you can just google them. Michael Hinton is the owner and he's been doing optical blowups in all formats for at least a couple of decades.