bleach bypassed negative help

hello i have one question to ask...

could you tell me if the bleach bypassed negative have a great look? and it also affect the black? or ONLY the highlight? could you post an example? (the lab near my home not bleach bypass the positive for 16 mm but only the negative)!

to prepare at this process could i pull process the negative ?(with normal asa: 200 vision rated at 200)? OR expose to the an higher asa? (vision 200 rated at 400) and push process the negative?

thanks for all friend

• Site Sponsor
hello i have one question to ask...

could you tell me if the bleach bypassed negative have a great look? and it also affect the black? or ONLY the highlight? could you post an example? (the lab near my home not bleach bypass the positive for 16 mm but only the negative)!

to prepare at this process could i pull process the negative ?(with normal asa: 200 vision rated at 200)? OR expose to the an higher asa? (vision 200 rated at 400) and push process the negative?

thanks for all friend

Bleach bypass has a look, it is great if that is what you want for your show, the process retains the silver in the film and changes the look of the whole picture, contrast, color saturation, highlight handling, etc. This also can be significantly different weather you are going for a film print finish or a video finish.

You can still force process the film (push/pull) in addition to the bypass.

Were you considering bleach bypass on a reversal shooting stock? or for prints being made from a negative? or both? I would think that any lab that runs print can do a bleach bypass for you on your prints but there will be a setup fee.

-Rob-