Looking for Good Camera S16! Budget= $7000

Martin Yernazian

Hello Gents, my quest for my new s16 cam is coming to an end.

I have a great offer from a guy selling a modified NPR for 6500

the package includes

Lens Angenieux 12-240mm 1

2 Lens 5.9mm #06433-7075-121001 w/ gears for uw use + 85 and UR pro filters, C-mount. 1

3 S-16mm Eclair camera #10162 w/ Alcan motor. 1

4 Kinoptic viewfinders w/eye piece (one is orientable) 2

5 Eclair film magazines 2

6 Lens mounts C or Eclair or Nikon, all fit super16 or 16mm. 3

7 Underwater Film Camera Housing!!!!

8 Lens dome port for 5.9mm, 9mm, 5.7mm replacement glass coated acrylic domes. 2

9 Flat ports for 9.5-57mm, 15-150mm, 5.9mm, 55mm Nikor. 4

10 Gears and index rings for each lens. 1 Box

11 Spare Parts Kit

12 Sekonic Light meter No901950

But even do I checked this cam....( the wide 5.9 is great) , my heart cannot decided.... I love Aatons they are great... but the biggest feature that I love about the NPR ( the variable shutter) they don't have it, also I know that they aren't cheap on the times of fixing them... while NPR has become more of a frankestien for anybody that has them and you can modified them a lot.

I want a cam mostly to do features or my next one, I always want it to have a film cam to own and create a nice filmming kit ( instead of renting)

Waiting on our feedback

Thanks guys you help me pick and study the 16 frmat much better ( it was long while since I used it)

Best Regards

How is the motor on it? Have you seen it run? Is it sync?

Yeap is in Working order ready to go! is sync to it looks like a great cam and the Alcan motor makes it much smaller... also the owner cut the turret in to diferent parts so he cam is actually much smaller

Edited by Martín Yernazian

• Premium Member
my heart cannot decided.... I love Aatons they are great... but the biggest feature that I love about the NPR ( the variable shutter) they don't have it, also I know that they aren't cheap on the times of fixing them... while NPR has become more of a frankestien for anybody that has them and you can modified them a lot.

I want a cam mostly to do features or my next one, I always want it to have a film cam to own and create a nice filmming kit ( instead of renting)

Waiting on our feedback

Thanks guys you help me pick and study the 16 frmat much better ( it was long while since I used it)

Best Regards

If you really want an Aaton, then why purchase the NPR. Not saying anything negative about an NPR, as I have never shot with one, but I am not so sure it is quite in the same league as an Aaton.

You are right, an Aaton can be expensive to service, especially if you send it to one of the factory service centers like Abel Cine Tech. But you get what you pay for. And I would assume there are places that would service the Aaton for less, just like the places that still service the NPR.

I would assume the Aaton would be quieter than the NPR. I think the Aaton lens mount is sturdier than the C-Mount on the NPR. And with an ARRI bayonet to Aaton adapter, you have access to all the Zeiss Super Speed MkI lenses as well as numerous other professional production lenses in either ARRI bayonet or ARRI standard mount.

Also, the Aaton LTR, especially if you get a later serial number, like above C950, is going to be set up as Super 16 or factory convertible to Super 16, where as the NPR was really never designed to be a Super 16 camera.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Best of luck with whatever you do,

-Tim

And what are you holding in your photo? :-).

Yeah it looks like a film camera but naaaaa it's a Panasonic Varicam ( free rental I have to say) great camera.... I think I'm going for an Aaton LTR.... but I have to see what's the best out there

Thanks Dennis

Hello Gents, my quest for my new s16 cam is coming to an end.

I have a great offer from a guy selling a modified NPR for 6500

I recommend check information about last modification of Super 16 , Arri PL, crystal sync speed Kinor-16 SX-2M camera.

If you will have questions, can ask me.