Music video

Phil Rhodes

• Premium Member

A very simple and basic music video I did ages ago has been posted on youtube:

I wonder if the people who work for Nine Inch Nails had seen it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yiE1d96oe3w

Oh well. Imitation, flattery, and all that. It's nice to have one's choices validated, even when they are a year and a half out of date.

Phil

heh heh

Very similar yes - I actually like the movement much better in yours, was that done with just geared heads and the like ? maybe filmed slower then sped up ? (the monitors feed composited in ?) - moco ?

A lot more work either way than the straight tracks in the NIN video ...

The amount of times you see a stack of monitors from security stations, TV control rooms etc... you gotta wonder that it is possible for the idea to have come about independently - mass consciousness and all that hoohah - there could be others already...

• 4 months later...
Very similar yes - I actually like the movement much better in yours, was that done with just geared heads and the like ? maybe filmed slower then sped up ? (the monitors feed composited in ?) - moco ?

I might be wrong, but it looked like a virtual camera thing, i.e. done in 3d studio. Loved the video, BTW.

• 1 month later...
A very simple and basic music video I did ages ago has been posted on youtube:

I wonder if the people who work for Nine Inch Nails had seen it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yiE1d96oe3w

Oh well. Imitation, flattery, and all that. It's nice to have one's choices validated, even when they are a year and a half out of date.

Phil

If they did copy your idea, they did it no justice. Your video is much more interesting - both technically and visually. Nice work, Phil.