Light kits

Natalie Saito

I'm planning on purchasing a 3-light kit w/ stands, barnies, accessories + case. I found a couple ARRI light kits online for sale at Samy's. Please let me know if these are good rates and if there are places I can get good rates on good-conditioned light kits.

(3) 1K fresnel tungsten light kit $1399.95

(3) 650w fresnel tungsten light kit $1669.95

(4) fresnel tungsten light kit $2269.95 (650w)

thanks, it'll help a lot! -Natalie

I'd suggest that if you must own your lights, start out by buying a few used ones. As long as you buy a known name (ARRI, Mole, etc.) you should always be able to get replacement parts. I see that you are on the west coast, there should be a number of rental houses, re-sellers, etc., that can equip you with some reliable equipment. Just explain what you are loooking to do and be open to ideas when asking for guidence. You might try Pyramid Films.

• Premium Member

If you don't mind more weight, I remember someplace getting rid of a lot of old mole-richardson fixtures. I forget the name but they were a pretty easy search with something like "used movie lighting"

• 2 weeks later...

im looking into getting a kit within at MOST 3 weeks. samy's is outta stock so i'd have to wait. is there another l can find ARRI light kit 1K or if possibly mixed kit (650w, 1Ks) id like to spend max. 1400 for the whole kit...3 lights and everything needed (barnies, stands, scrims). what other place can I look around for? thanks!!

-Natalie

Edited by NSaito