Dark Reprieve New Trailer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that director commentaries are usually for big films by famous directors. I am neither.

Although I'm sure people would be intrigued to hear about the real ghost sightings we had on set. The prison is reported to be haunted, and two members of my crew got really freaked out by ghosts.

I never saw one sorry to say. But I'll pay any forum member 1 million dollars to spend a night alone in there ;) Hmmmm, sounds like a script for next film. Cinematography.com member never seen again after being challenged to spend a night in an old prison.

Do we have a writer handy for this?

R,

It seems that director commentaries are usually for big films by famous directors. I am neither.

Although I'm sure people would be intrigued to hear about the real ghost sightings we had on set. The prison is reported to be haunted, and two members of my crew got really freaked out by ghosts.

I never saw one sorry to say. But I'll pay any forum member 1 million dollars to spend a night alone in there ;) Hmmmm, sounds like a script for next film. Cinematography.com member never seen again after being challenged to spend a night in an old prison.

R,

For a million dollars, you can fill the place with zombies, Jeffery Dalmer, Charles Manson and a rabid Chihuahua, lock the doors and I'll spend 2 weeks in there armed with a spork! B)

BTW, I'd be happy to write it for ya.... after I make it out alive of coarse.

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate Phil Rhodes. For two reasons: 1. If he survives he'll get one million dollars, and will have little to moan about. 2. If he dies we won't have to listen to his cynical ravings any longer.

It's foolproof.

• 2 weeks later...
The real tagline wasn't added on this version. Still testing.

R,

Nice...

The tagline threw me for a few seconds... then when I read it for the third time... you meant insert copy here...

Any chance of seeing another trailer... I know you posted one before... but I didn't think it was the final trailer...

Edited by Gary McClurg

Rent the movie and you'll see lots more of her :D

She's landed some major TV roles since my movie BTW and now lives in NY.

More trailers? My final day of production on this is Sept 14th, in final mix now, no time to cut trailers. The distributors want a "sales trailer" but when do I have time for that?

I need a bigger staff on the next one, no more short order cook movies.

R,

Nice...

The tagline threw me for a few seconds... then when I read it for the third time... you meant insert copy here...

Any chance of seeing another trailer... I know you posted one before... but I didn't think it was the final trailer...

It took you 3 TIMES to figure out THAT wasn't a tag line!!??? :blink: THREE TIMES?

I understand Max' confusion, he from London/Luxembourg/France... you know, whatever....and thought it was probably some obscure Canadian reference to prison sodomy or something like that but dude...you had to read it 3 TIMES? :huh: Richie, maybe you SHOULDS make that your tag line, it seems to get people's attention. Maybe, you really DO have an original thought here. :rolleyes: Oh and Matthew, go into the bathroom and slap yourself right now Oscar Wilde loves every second of it and so will you -_- sheeezzzz!

One of my lead actors just landed a major role in a big Hollywood movie along side two pretty big stars.

Major break for me! (and for the actor of course too) Now I have a "real" actor in my movie.

Any one can cast Brad Pitt or George Clooney....it takes a real director to spot the people that are about to take off :D

So now my DVD art is being changed to reflect this. That makes two of my cast members who have gone on to much bigger US productions, but I had em first ;)

R,

WAY COOL!!!!! What, no theatrical release? Didn't you distro guys even consider it ESPECIALLY now that your cast has a little buzz? :huh:

Theatrical release? Long way from that, one would still need a huge budget movie for such an adventure in most cases.

But I now have an important piece of the puzzel in place that will hopefully help me. The neat thing for me is that this actor in my movie was put over the top when the director of this Hollywood feature saw my trailer on YouTube. The actor showed it to him in the office. Because it showed he had a "feature" under his belt, such as it is any way.

I can't give out names until the word is offical on IMDB.

R,

How are they marketing this sucker, do you have foreign distribution in place and have you approached any of the mini majors or have you already signed and are committed to straight to video at this point? I mean if it's decent, you should be able to at least get a limited theatrical release I would think even without a star. Cool deal about your actor though. B)

• 3 weeks later...

DONE!

Ok well no matter what happens from this point on, I finished a feature length movie on 35mm, no one can take that away from me.

The criticisms I know will come at me fast and furious for the content, but there's not much I can do about that :D

R,

See it? Oh yeah that part, I forgot about that minor detail.

More on that in the next few weeks.

UK theatrical? Yeah right, UK DVD is a possibility though.

R,