New version of microprocessor-based crystal sync speed motor of Kinor-16 SX-2M camera

Olex Kalynychenko

I wish inform about new version of motor of russian professional cine camera Kinor-16 SX-2M.

This is modified 29EPSS motor with new microprocessor- based controller of 16 crystal sync speed with digital LED display, digital film counter with LED display and digital voltmeter of battery.

The original version of 29EPSS motor of Kinor-16 camera have 25 fps speed only with analog system of speed stabilization and precision of speed control 2.5%.

The new electronics have 16 crystal sync speeds and more other technical possibilities.

This is :

= The 16 pcs of fixed speeds :

6.25, 8, 12, 12.5, 15, 16, 16.6, 20, 24, 25, 30, 32, 33,3, 40, 48, 50 fps.

= Microprocessor-based synchronization at all speeds (crystal sync)

This is list included a few series of speeds :

- for ? academy ? film shooting with base speed 24 fps and a speeds divisible by 24 : 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48 fps.

- for PAL TV shooting and 50 HZ frequency of main power, with base speed 25 fps and a speeds divisible by 25 fps : 6.25, 12.5, 16.6, 25, 33,3, 50 fps

- for NTSC TV shooting and 60 Hz frequency of main power, with base speed 30 fps and a speeds divisible by 30 fps : 8, 12, 15, 20, 24, 30, 40, fps

= digital speed selector with 3 digitals LED display,

= digital film counter with 3 digital LED display,

= digital voltmeter of battery with 3 digital LED display and precision 0.1v,

= soft start of motor

= manual adjust of phase of speed

= slow speed turn

= test low speed run

= parking of shutter disk on fixed position for viewfing at stopping of camera ( need additional module of optical sensor inside of camera )

= international glass fuse holder

= 4 pin XLR Cannon power connector

= high power output stage with power reserve 55 v 75 A.

The other versions of upgrade of electronics of 29EPSS motors can have microprocessor-based electronics of ?II Generation of electronics ? with speed synthesizer and LED display of speed.

speed 5-50 fps, step 0.1 fps. XX.X display

speed 5-50 fps, step 0.01 fps, display XX.XX

speed 5 5-50 fps, step 0.002 fps display XX.XXX

The III Generation of electronics included high intelligence system with wide technical possibilities of programming of speed control and high precision speed control 5-50 fps with step of speed 0.001 fps.

that looks very cool. as soon as our situation (financial) stabilises I wanna have my motor converted and maybe a s16 modfication as well. well done olexandr!

I wish inform about new version of motor of russian professional cine camera Kinor-16 SX-2M.

This is modified 29EPSS motor with new microprocessor- based controller of 16 crystal sync speed with digital LED display, digital film counter with LED display and digital voltmeter of battery.

The original version of 29EPSS motor of Kinor-16 camera have 25 fps speed only with analog system of speed stabilization and precision of speed control 2.5%.

The new electronics have 16 crystal sync speeds and more other technical possibilities.

This is :

= The 16 pcs of fixed speeds :

6.25, 8, 12, 12.5, 15, 16, 16.6, 20, 24, 25, 30, 32, 33,3, 40, 48, 50 fps.

= Microprocessor-based synchronization at all speeds (crystal sync)

This is list included a few series of speeds :

- for ? academy ? film shooting with base speed 24 fps and a speeds divisible by 24 : 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48 fps.

- for PAL TV shooting and 50 HZ frequency of main power, with base speed 25 fps and a speeds divisible by 25 fps : 6.25, 12.5, 16.6, 25, 33,3, 50 fps

- for NTSC TV shooting and 60 Hz frequency of main power, with base speed 30 fps and a speeds divisible by 30 fps : 8, 12, 15, 20, 24, 30, 40, fps

= digital speed selector with 3 digitals LED display,

= digital film counter with 3 digital LED display,

= digital voltmeter of battery with 3 digital LED display and precision 0.1v,

= soft start of motor

= manual adjust of phase of speed

= slow speed turn

= test low speed run

= parking of shutter disk on fixed position for viewfing at stopping of camera ( need additional module of optical sensor inside of camera )

= international glass fuse holder

= 4 pin XLR Cannon power connector

= high power output stage with power reserve 55 v 75 A.

The other versions of upgrade of electronics of 29EPSS motors can have microprocessor-based electronics of ?II Generation of electronics ? with speed synthesizer and LED display of speed.

speed 5-50 fps, step 0.1 fps. XX.X display

speed 5-50 fps, step 0.01 fps, display XX.XX

speed 5 5-50 fps, step 0.002 fps display XX.XXX

The III Generation of electronics included high intelligence system with wide technical possibilities of programming of speed control and high precision speed control 5-50 fps with step of speed 0.001 fps.

So, is this a modification that you are planning to sell?

I not planning, I ready to do this modification.

You see real result of modification.

You can order of modification of your motor and choose of this or other version of modification.

The our design group create a new versions of electronics and I will glad to show of new versions in the future too.

From other side, any of my customers, who have motors with my modification, can ask me about upgrade of motor on more modern electronics, and i will propose of special discount.

This is systems of electronics can be install on other type of cine cameras, that's why, if you wish ungrade of your camera can ask me.

Looks great olex! we will be anouncing our K3 intervelometer soon, I just gotta work out a few bugs in the software.

Need say thanks of other guys of our crew too.

I will be happy to know more detailed about your intervolometer.

I hope, this base on stepper motor ? or you take other idea ?

If this will work with K-3, i think, this can be use for other cine cameras too.

If you will have technical questions, you can ask me by my direct e-mail.

• 4 years later...

I have two Kinor 1ms and I'm trying to connect a motor controller to one because the electronics don't work. The motor is fine but I can't figure out the wiring. It has two leads going to the sensor on the back and four wires coming from the sensor, two of which are connected to one output. Maybe I'll just have someone do it professionally but I'd still like to know what's going on with the wires.