INtervalometers

chris buddy

Hey, hoping someone could help me break down the concept of using an external intervalometer with super 8 cameras.

In this pic, what equipment is there? I understand the actual piece, but what about the cable that goes into (and seemingly replaces) the trigger?

Sorry if this is novice or mundane, but it is incredibley fascinating to me.

Thanks

post-17199-1181943325_thumb.jpg

Hey, hoping someone could help me break down the concept of using an external intervalometer with super 8 cameras.

In this pic, what equipment is there? I understand the actual piece, but what about the cable that goes into (and seemingly replaces) the trigger?

Sorry if this is novice or mundane, but it is incredibley fascinating to me.

Thanks

post-17199-1181943325_thumb.jpg

The cable is attached to the trigger, allowing it to work. Load the long round top piece with batteries, set the interval (probably from .5 seconds to 60 seconds, meaning it will shoot a frame every half-second or every 60 seconds - or any interval in between). This creates a time-lapse effect - essentially a super fast-motion shot. This intervalometer should work on any Autopak "D" series camera by Minolta.

To disconnect pull the cable from the trigger mount. You should also have a stand alone trigger to replace in the slot for normal shooting. If you don't have a trigger for normal shooting, you can find a broken D4 or D6 and pull the trigger from that (or PM me and I can probably dig up a trigger to sell you.)

Rick

This just sold on ebay. I don't recall the story but the seller had a bunch of these and used them on some big event as time-lapse devices. Sounds like a cool story for Super-8 Today or Small Format Magazine.

I saw the auction too.. IIRC the guy had a bunch of these cameras set up in a harley davidson factory for an anniversary film.