Dead Lonesome

Hello

Just getting ready to have this film conformed for Release Print(s).

The link are from youtube. The film is split into two parts. Hope they work.

Hope you enjoy.

If anybody can suggest a better way to show them this web site, feel free to suggest.

Thank You

Joe Taylor

PART 1

PART 2

• Premium Member
Hello

Just getting ready to have this film conformed for Release Print(s).

The link are from youtube. The film is split into two parts. Hope they work.

Hope you enjoy.

If anybody can suggest a better way to show them this web site, feel free to suggest.

Thank You

Joe Taylor

PART 1

PART 2

Very beautiful shooting. reminds me a bit of the opening of the Reggio film Koyaanisqatsi. I love the time laps.

• Premium Member

That's always the problem of web files. Try exporting them with H.264 compression, but then you'd have to have some web space to host them (check voeh.com, I'm not sure but I think they allow larger filesize uploads for streaming).

By the bye, what did you shoot this on?

By the bye, what did you shoot this on?

I shot this film with my trusty Arri 2C, a nice set of Zeiss Standards, an Angenieux 25-250, a 9.8 Kinoptik, an amazing 600mm Astro-Berlin Lens and a Norris Intervelometer. I filmed Dead Lonesome over the course of two years. Nearly froze to death in Animas Forks one night, and died of thirst and heat exhaustion in Death Valley. Ended up drinking the blue stuff you freeze for your coolers. At 10:00pm, my film mag was still hot to the touch. (That mag, by the way, was at one time in the Universal Studios inventory and its stenciled number corresponds with a mag that worked on Jaws.) The film stock from my Death Valley adventured was so badly cooked that it turned ultra grainy with a sort of amber hue. The folks at my stock agency liked it and you can see bits of it in that new Hillary Swank film, ?The Reaping.?