LCD Monitor with DC OUT 12V

marcelo kron

Hi guys... I'd like to know if anyone ever used the power output jack [dc out] on the sony cameras model DSR390 or any other camera that has the same 4 pin output to feed a LCD monitor.

and what would be the name for this plug as the LCD doesn't carry the same kind of plug to fit the camera

so i'll have to built myself a cable

Tks for any help

marcelokron

www.marcelokron.com.br

Don't do it.

The Hirose 4-pin on most cameras is only rated for about 1amp at 12v, and often a small LCD can exceed this. If you burn out the fuse you will have to send the camera in for service as it is soldered to an internal board.

Does your battery mount have a 2-pin D-tap connector on the side? This is a port originated by Anton Bauer for their Gold mount but has been adopted by numerous other manufacturers. This 12v port can handle up to 10amps, so you will never tax it witha little LCD screen, even if you split a bunch of other accessories off it such as oncamera light, wireless mikes video transmitter, etc. The Hirose 4-pin is really only for wireless mike receivers, which usually are only a couple of hundred milliamps.

Hi Mitch!! Thank you very much!!! I don't have yet the camcorder here to see if there is any DC out from battery mount... do you know if there is one on the Sony V mount batters? I would like to use a lcd monitor on the top of the camera for my director to see what I am making even though when camera in the shoulder

I don't know yet if goes to be a Sony DSR 570 or a DSR 390

regards

marcelokron.com.br

Don't do it.

The Hirose 4-pin on most cameras is only rated for about 1amp at 12v, and often a small LCD can exceed this. If you burn out the fuse you will have to send the camera in for service as it is soldered to an internal board.

Does your battery mount have a 2-pin D-tap connector on the side? This is a port originated by Anton Bauer for their Gold mount but has been adopted by numerous other manufacturers. This 12v port can handle up to 10amps, so you will never tax it witha little LCD screen, even if you split a bunch of other accessories off it such as oncamera light, wireless mikes video transmitter, etc. The Hirose 4-pin is really only for wireless mike receivers, which usually are only a couple of hundred milliamps.