Quote from Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor

Hank den Drijver

"Film is dead. And by the way, so is video.... The word is getting out that RED is the future, but for us it is right now. After holding these bad boys in our hands and putting the cameras through the full neveldine/taylor acid test our faith in the mad scientists at RED labs is unlimited. We're committed to RED for every project we've got in the pipeline."

I know, I know, they've been payed too. But isn't it great to see what money can buy these days?

Hank den Drijver

Don't worry, I've reported it already as I really don't see the point of such a disguised ad. This thread is in serious need of deletion.

Disguised add? What are you talking about?

Highly creative, respected and well known DPs and directors as Peter Jackson, Steven Soderberg, Rodney Charters just to name a few, who have worked with the RED camera shared their opinion, and it seems their impressions are pretty consistent.

If you dislike their opinion - Fair enough, you made that clear. However, if someone thinks that a product is revolutionary or excellent, thats rare enough.

And so far, we have only got quite positive statements from wellknown people regarding the red, if i might add, so this is nothing exceptional at all.

p.s.

did you see "crank" from Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor?

did you see "crank" from Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor?

I believe the main character runs on RED Bull.

These directors are entitled to their opinion, others are entitled to disagree. The RED might suit their films and not be suitable for others.

This thread is in serious need of deletion.

Why the sudden serious face, Max?

av-53.gif

You used to crack me up!

OK, I understand, someone needs to protect the cinematographic community from Red propaganda, or the innocent people will start to believe this camera actually IS something good. And we cannot have that, can we?

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it...

• Premium Member
"Film is dead. And by the way, so is video.... The word is getting out that RED is the future, but for us it is right now. After holding these bad boys in our hands and putting the cameras through the full neveldine/taylor acid test our faith in the mad scientists at RED labs is unlimited. We're committed to RED for every project we've got in the pipeline."

I know, I know, they've been payed too. But isn't it great to see what money can buy these days?

Hank den Drijver

Hi,

I wish you good luck, and at the same time I am closing the thread.

Stephen