remote switch

rob spence

Hi

I need to make a remote switch to trigger an aaton...for use on car rigs etc. Consisting of an electric cable and a push switch.

Does anyone know what rating the electric cable should be and how long the cable could be?

best

rob spence

• Premium Member
I need to make a remote switch to trigger an aaton...for use on car rigs etc. Consisting of an electric cable and a push switch.

Does anyone know what rating the electric cable should be and how long the cable could be?

Hi Rob,

I can't help you specifically with the Aaton, but I am assuming that the amount of power running through that cable won't be large. Normally cable used for switches is really thin, from 0,14 to 0,22 square mm. If you take larger diameter cable, say 1 sq. mm you should be more than ok. As for length, the thicker the cable, the lower it's resistance. So you should choose larger cables for longer runs. Can you be any more specific about the power system of the Aaton. 12V?

Regards, Dave

Hi Rob,

I can't help you specifically with the Aaton, but I am assuming that the amount of power running through that cable won't be large. Normally cable used for switches is really thin, from 0,14 to 0,22 square mm. If you take larger diameter cable, say 1 sq. mm you should be more than ok. As for length, the thicker the cable, the lower it's resistance. So you should choose larger cables for longer runs. Can you be any more specific about the power system of the Aaton. 12V?

Regards, Dave

thanks Dave, the aaton is 12 volt and I would like a 15 foot cable

best

rob spence