Looking for the right School

hey there,

i'm stefan from berlin / germany and currently working as eb-camera operator & photographer.

at the moment i'm thinking about a cinematographer / dop study path in the u.s. to grow up my ability & skills. can somebody please recommend me a school / university in los angeles or san franciso? there are a lot of schools in the internet to find and i have no idea about the qualitys and differences. would be very helpful to me. ;)

thank you very much

greetings

stefan

Academy of Art University in San Francisco has a pretty good film program. Depending on your experience though, they'll probably try to start you from the ground up. So if you already have some experience, look into meeting with a counselor or something to demo some exit skills if you feel you're too advanced for the beginner's classes.

It was too expensive for me to give it a try, but I've met a lot of people out here who loved their program. Plus, the school does a good job of ushering you into the industry through internships and getting some good gigs after graduating.

Just be sure to avoid the "Art Institute of San Francisco". Too many people I know went there and came out with nearly nothing to show for it.

• 1 month later...

The type where when you go to a school's orientation, all they talk about is money and how many loans and grants you'll need to pay for one semester.

I was already on my way up and working in the industry and didn't see the need for it, is the ultimate reason why I didn't go. Had I been younger, maybe just out of high school, I would have bitten the bullet and paid to go there.

• 4 weeks later...