Has your CCD gone bad ? Look at this video to see....

Tony_Beazley

My friends Sony VX 2100 went down last week and thankfully it wasn't my fault since it had been just sitting in my house for the last month.

When I turned it on to use it I noticed a weird freen WB and strange effect of vertical red streaks. It looks just like a light leak on a super 8 camera. It is a very cool retro effect but thats all you can do with the camera.

Sony will give you till Oct. 2 2007 to get your camera in for a FREE repair. I do know that this affects the ZR series from Canon. There is also pda's affected. I googled and found some websites about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY46IyMgoJc

Hope this helps some folks cause there is no recall out about this.

Tony B.

That looks..... prety messed up. IS is a cheap camera, one tht you don't want to spend a bunch a time fighting them about about? If not, I'd keep and shoot som really biizarre stuff with it and having everyone scratching their heds think you're some kind of guiness..

• Premium Member
My friends Sony VX 2100 went down last week and thankfully it wasn't my fault since it had been just sitting in my house for the last month.

Tony B.

Just because it was only sitting in your house doesn't mean you aren't responsible. haha.

I'd always leave the lens cap on when the camera is not in use, iris the camera down if it retains the last f-stop in memory when the camera is shut off. Don't let the sun shine on the camera either, then you can feel absolved.