Shutterless & Time-exposed stills to view

Rick Palidwor

• Premium Member

Hey Rick, I was trying to read through the fine print on facebook.com before deciding whether or not to join.

They seem more concerned about their own rights than the rights of anyone who posts a picture on their site. Is the bottom line anything anyone posts on that site is basically fair game for the entire internet community?

• Premium Member
And?

Actually the intermittent light streak/dashes represent the pulsing of the light on and off. By counting them one could calculate how long the shutter was open for the shot, as lone as one knew what the actual pulsing rate was in terms of seconds or fractions of seconds.

Actually the intermittent light streak/dashes represent the pulsing of the light on and off. By counting them one could calculate how long the shutter was open for the shot, as lone as one knew what the actual pulsing rate was in terms of seconds or fractions of seconds.

Exactly (for the shutterless ones) although it's not evident in these stills. I did a shutterless video loop for a gallery that was all about the pulses - 120 per second on 60 Hertz cycle - comparing the 12 fps pulse pattern with the 24 fps pulse pattern. Fluctutations in pulse pattern indicate fluctuations in camera speed. And there is no shutter so you are not measuring shutter time, but rather "stationary time" versus "streak time". I don't have the numbers in front of me but will dig them up. I'll dig up some of those stills as well.

Rick