Panavision at IBC

Jill Stanley

For those of you going to IBC in Amsterdam (September 8-13 at the RAI Convention Center), I?d like to issue a personal invitation for you to see the introduction of the latest enhancement to our Genesis recording technology: the brand-new Genesis® SSR-1 HDCAM-SR-format dockable recorder. Presenting will be John Galt, head of Panavision?s Advanced Digital Imaging group, and generally acknowledged as the ?godfather? of Genesis®.

The presentation will be held on Friday, September 7, 3:30-4:30 pm (15.30 - 16.30 hrs.) in the IBC Big Screen, located in the RAI Auditorium. Seats are first-come/first served.

The SSR-1 has been designed to reduce the camera to roughly the same weight as the lightest sound-recordable 35mm film cameras. Weighing only 2.5 kilos (5.5 lbs.) the Genesis® SSR-1 is intended for use in handheld, Steadicam and similar shooting situations.

John will discuss the benefits of the HDCAM-SR format, and other Genesis® developments including design choices, existing and future workflow. He?ll also discuss how we see those choices affecting present and future professional-level high-end production and post-production.

There may also be a surprise or two. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Andy Romanoff

EVP Technical Marketing & Strategy ? Panavision Inc.

President ? Panavision Remote Systems

For further information, please contact Jill Stanley at (818) 316-2231.

• Premium Member

Hi Jill,

I look forward to seeing that.

Stephen

For those of you going to IBC in Amsterdam (September 8-13 at the RAI Convention Center), I?d like to issue a personal invitation for you to see the introduction of the latest enhancement to our Genesis recording technology: the brand-new Genesis® SSR-1 HDCAM-SR-format dockable recorder. Presenting will be John Galt, head of Panavision?s Advanced Digital Imaging group, and generally acknowledged as the ?godfather? of Genesis®.

The presentation will be held on Friday, September 7, 3:30-4:30 pm (15.30 - 16.30 hrs.) in the IBC Big Screen, located in the RAI Auditorium. Seats are first-come/first served.

The SSR-1 has been designed to reduce the camera to roughly the same weight as the lightest sound-recordable 35mm film cameras. Weighing only 2.5 kilos (5.5 lbs.) the Genesis® SSR-1 is intended for use in handheld, Steadicam and similar shooting situations.

John will discuss the benefits of the HDCAM-SR format, and other Genesis® developments including design choices, existing and future workflow. He?ll also discuss how we see those choices affecting present and future professional-level high-end production and post-production.

There may also be a surprise or two. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Andy Romanoff

EVP Technical Marketing & Strategy ? Panavision Inc.

President ? Panavision Remote Systems

For further information, please contact Jill Stanley at (818) 316-2231.

• Premium Member
As do I, thanks Jill!

Hey Stephen! maybe way could hook-up have a cappuccino, chew the fat, that goes out to any other cinematography. com aficionados planning on going to the IBC!

Kieran.

Hi Kieren,

I think the Red presentation is after, so it's the place to be, just don't give up your seat!

Stephen