"man on fire" double image...

Nikhil Paniz

they used a huge range of effects in the film.

They used handcranked film cameras as well and ran shots twice (double exposure) using black card on the rewind etc.

There is quite a bit of information on the forum about the film already or watch the double-DVD version extras.

thanks

Rolfe

• Premium Member

It's hand-cranked double exposure - look on the extra features. There's a clear shot of someone winding film backwards through a camera while holding a clipboard over the mattebox.

But to be honest it's just as easily done in post.

Phil

• Premium Member
But to be honest it's just as easily done in post.

More important, you can fine tune and get exactly the offset you want in post. Doing it in camera, you don't know what you've got, and you're stuck with it. Not that that's a bad thing -- sometimes letting things go a little random is better that perfect control over everything.

-- J.S.

I'll second that.

Now where can I find a Single 8? :lol:

Obsessed with small formats and old stocks ye are ol' Matthew ... not that theres anything wrong with that ;)

I reckon its time you got yourself a Bolex - start maybe with a double run H8 for your single8 and maybe a home developing setup for funky B&W experiments - the H8 has the same interface as the H16, so if one day you'd like to give the larger format a go you already know the drill