Insurance needed

I am renting an Arri SR II for a shoot. My homeowner's insurance covers things like theft from house or car, but not damage. I have a shoot coming up which is on a pond. I hate to think of what could happen if it fell in the drink. Can anyone recommend an underwriter which will keep me safe from a potential $30K bill? Thanks for any pointers.

-Conrad

Call Brandy at DeWitt Stern. They cover all kinds of people and their equipment in the industry.

Brandy McGrew

Program Business Associate

DeWitt Stern of California Insurance Services

10969 Ventura Boulevard

Studio City, CA 91604

Tel. 818-623-5429

Fax. 818-623-5469

bmcgrew@dewittstern.com

www.dewittstern.com

License #0C28262

Standard production insurance should cover rented equipment to a certain dollar amount. Last shoot I did was four days. the insurance was about $1500 US which gave me $1M in liability insurance and $200K in rental equipment insurance and I was able to provide a certificate of insurance to each of the rental houses.

I would be very surprised if the rental house would even let you even touch the camera without an insurance cert.

Thanks for the info - I ended up going with DeWitt Stern. $225 out the door for $40K insurance for a weekend. What I found out after the fact, was that there is a $500 deductible - I should have been told that up front. Fortunately, I didn't need to use it.

• 2 months later...