I just have to breathe!

• Premium Member

So, this morning, after working an overnight poop at the day job, I went over to Shooters Inc here in Philadelphia with 3000 ft of a short film for Temple University and sat down at their Spirit.

Popped the footage up on the screen, out of the shiny Technicolor cans, and was absolutely blown away. It worked. I breathed. there were no scratches this time (evil mag from last shoot!), hardly any dust or hair, and everything came out almost exactly the way I saw it. The director was so at ease after the first flat we went off to text god knows who for a good 5 hours while the colorist and I transferred the footage.

I am not really sure why I'm posting this; except to say, I am damned thrilled.

6 days of shooting, 1 year of talking with the director from concept all the way up to execution, and everything finally came together as we went over to DVCPROHD.

I am, to use a weird term in my head, PROUD AS PUNCH!

The only issues we really had was with highlight blow out on our exts. We were in pretty shaded streets with tall buildings in and around Philadelphia, so I shot on 7205. I was working at a comfortable F stop of 5.6. so of course the white building in the background went a little. . . well in bright fall sun you can imagine! Still, I cannot help but sing my praises for the people over at Shooters, and for the whole crew. I can finally breathe after all the weeks of worrying there would be NOTHING on the neg. Next time I'm asking for dailies!

Sorry if it's the wrong forum. Sorry if it's just boring. But, I needed a rant and figured I might as well air out my slight insanities here instead of elsewhere. At least when I pull out the jargon people can follow along.

If anyone would like as soon as I get some footage digitized i'd be happy to throw it up. Till then, I have some reference stills on my picasa account

(http://picasaweb.google.com/crimson238 under the Origins Ref folder) which we shot with, when we could a Nikon D80 set at the ASA and f stop i was working with and, occasionally, a simple point and shoot pannasonic lumix.

alright; ranting done. apologies for wasting anyones time :huh: