2k No Go

John Brawley

• Premium Member

Hey kids.

Ive been shooting with a Red for the past few days. I have only been shooting 4K and the files have been opening fine in Red Alert. Today I tried some 2k files, and only one of the 19 clips I shot in this config will open. The first one opens fine in red alert and none of the other will open. Also, none of the qt proxies will open either, including the first clip which does open in red alert.

All the 4K files shot today are fine as are the proxies. Any ideas...?

Just testing at the moment BTW, so it's not a production halting problem...

Any suggestions ?

I have an intel macbook BTW.

Happy New Year !

jb

Ive been shooting with a Red for the past few days. I have only been shooting 4K and the files have been opening fine in Red Alert. Today I tried some 2k files, and only one of the 19 clips I shot in this config will open. The first one opens fine in red alert and none of the other will open. Also, none of the qt proxies will open either, including the first clip which does open in red alert.

All the 4K files shot today are fine as are the proxies. Any ideas...?

Have you tried running them through RedCine to see if it's the file or the program/computer? Also, are you using the latest version of RedAlert?

Matthew

• Premium Member
Have you tried running them through RedCine to see if it's the file or the program/computer? Also, are you using the latest version of RedAlert?

Matthew

I have red alert 1.3.4. When I try to run redcine it doesn't seem to open the clips properly. They just show up as grey images across the board.

jb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Josh Gannon

I have had a similar problem however only in the full 4k mode, the 4k 2:1 works fine as do both 2k and 2k 2:1

Corrupt proxies and some of the R3D files won't open with Red Alert, however most will open in Red Cine.

Has anyone else experienced these kinds of problems.

BTW, have upgraded to the latest firmware (1.8.6)

• Premium Member
Just a (potentially) stupid question.

Did you use "clean" cards for the 2k recordings?

AFAIK the cards are formatted for either/or

Gunleik

Yep.

The camera won't let you record unless the card is correctly formatted. I still haven't worked it out. I tried posting over at RED, but didn't get any joy there either.