What to modified on 400' magazine to use on Super 16 EBM??

ericyeong

Anyone out there could tell me what should I modified on my film magazine in order to use it on my Super 16 EBM without scratches? Are those 2 rollers on the magazine outlet (those touching the emulsion side)..?

• Site Sponsor
Anyone out there could tell me what should I modified on my film magazine in order to use it on my Super 16 EBM without scratches? Are those 2 rollers on the magazine outlet (those touching the emulsion side)..?

I would say that you have to look at any roller or surface that comes into contact with the extended (Super16) area or the film's emulsion and have those rollers or plates machined to match the super-16 area.

Those rollers on the throat probably need to be machined for s16 and then re anodized..

-rob-

• Site Sponsor
Hi Rob, thanks for your reply... How about those 2 rollers in the camera? Should they be machined as well?

Depends on who modified the camera for Super-16 if it was a thorough, proper, job all rollers and surfaces which contact the emulsion will have been machined to accommodate super-16 dimensions.

-Rob-

Depends on who modified the camera for Super-16 if it was a thorough, proper, job all rollers and surfaces which contact the emulsion will have been machined to accommodate super-16 dimensions.

-Rob-

What I meant are the 2 rollers that replace daylight spools... I bought the camera in S16 format but without the 400' rollers, purchased them later... Do they need to be machined in a standard modification for S16?

Regards,

Eric

What I meant are the 2 rollers that replace daylight spools... I bought the camera in S16 format but without the 400' rollers, purchased them later... Do they need to be machined in a standard modification for S16?

Regards,

Eric

I've seen a Bolex Super16 mod and footage from the same cam - they dont appear to have been replaced or machined + the footage is good ... That being said >> YMMV, good luck ;)

• 2 months later...

Regards,

Eric

I would do a film scratch test with the mag before worrying about a conversion. Many of the mags are just fine stock for super 16. If the mag scratches your film you can get a conversion done here: http://www.bolex-usa.com/. I forget which parts are changed. Good luck.