Cinematographers BBQ in SF?

So Jamie Metzger mentioned to me the possibility of there being a get together and BBQ for SF camera people. Maybe something in GG Park one of these Saturdays.

With the biz being so slow right now, I'm sure we all have a bit of extra time.

So I'm just curious to get a head count of people who'd like to come.

:)

• Premium Member
So Jamie Metzger mentioned to me the possibility of there being a get together and BBQ for SF camera people. Maybe something in GG Park one of these Saturdays.

With the biz being so slow right now, I'm sure we all have a bit of extra time.

So I'm just curious to get a head count of people who'd like to come.

:)

I'm in.

^^ Hahah, I was thinking that when I move to a new city, I am going to post an ad for a feature with really enticing details, and get a poop ton of people's contacts just from that. Yes it's deceitful, but who cares....HAHAH.

We shall do this BBQ very soon, hopefully when the rain subsides consistently enough.

John, I'll be in touch with you and we can figure this junk out.

Jamie

BTW, don't know if I showed you guys these photos....

post-10556-1202072210.jpg

post-10556-1202072217.jpg

• Premium Member
It vignetted pretty bad, but I'm sure with enough tinkering, I could have fixed that.

That's not really surprising - the Cooke 18-100 only covers academy 35, not Super 35. Were you able to zoom in and get rid of the vignetting on the ground glass? I'm sure you had fun handholding that beast. :)

Matt, at least you're with us in spirit - I'll think of you every time I take a bite of spare rib. BTW, the weather's been really terrible around these parts lately - kinda reminds me of Phil's constant rants about London...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Is this just limited to camera folk? If you're planning it for May and will allow G&E peeps, I'd be down for it.

- anton

If we only allowed camera dept. in, it'd be a very small get together! Besides, we'd need you guys to actually lift the grill, set it in place... :)