Beware of Cinelab

Rolando Fernandez

Hello , after waiting 8 weeks for Cinelab to process one tri-x super 8mm and 1 plus-x super 8mm and with a worksheet that expecificaly state to

transfer to dvd the plus-x roll not the tri-x, I recieve the package with the tri-x transfered in the dvd and a $99.00 charge.

I also made 5 diferent calls to Cinelab asking for status of the work and all I recieve was diferent excuses.

I was expecting a more professional treatement from Cinelab.

I will never use this lab for my films.

I had a similar experience with cinelab last year, I asked how long it would take in advance (quoted three days for process and transfer) and paid for the fastest most expensive shipping, then waited more than two months for it to arrive. And when it did the telecine was not stunning to say the least.

Yeah it's tough. It seems alot of places don't really care about their Super8 customers. Gotta please the big boys first, which is fine I guess. I've had issues with Cinelab in the past. They did make it right after I complained. I would talk to them.

I wish Dwayne's Photo did BW Reversal and transfers.... they get Ektachrome S8 back to you in a day. Its insane. That's service!

Unfortunately, we'll have to deal with places treating S8 as the ugly duckling of the family. But I guess it's good they do it at all. But I feel your pain.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello , after waiting 8 weeks for Cinelab to process one tri-x super 8mm and 1 plus-x super 8mm and with a worksheet that expecificaly state to

transfer to dvd the plus-x roll not the tri-x, I recieve the package with the tri-x transfered in the dvd and a $99.00 charge.

I also made 5 diferent calls to Cinelab asking for status of the work and all I recieve was diferent excuses.

I was expecting a more professional treatement from Cinelab.

I will never use this lab for my films.

pls try our lab! we will charge you 21,5? for processing and telecine transfer to DVD or MiniDV in 15 days! check our web site www.movieandsound.it