In-House DP/VFX Artist needed

Tim Pipher

• Premium Member

In-house Cinematographer/Visual Effects Artist needed for new studio in beautiful Vero Beach, Florida, opening in March. The perfect candidate will have great expertise in lighting and high end HD gear, and solid visual effects skills including proficiency in 3D Studio Max. Many of our productions will take place on our cyclorama sound stage with live green screen compositing through our Orad HD virtual studio system, one of two such systems available to the public in the United States, and one of the few in the world to be tethered to high end cinema quality cameras and decks. Through this virtual studio technology, our clients' productions can appear to originate from huge and elaborate multi-million dollar TV stages, luxurious mansions, the Grand Canyon, cars, airplanes, restaurants, hotel lobbies, the beach, or outer space, but will actually be produced from the comfort of our studio, with sets being changed at the touch of a button.

When we're not employed by outside clients for commercials, network quality news and talk shows, music videos, and infomercials, we'll be our own client making movies. We intend to prove that high end movie production is not only possible from the confines of our green screen facility, but by using our three fully tracked HD cameras (Panasonic HPX3000's), making our virtual environments in advance (and over time compiling a virtual back lot), and compositing them with our actors live, massive time and cost savings will result.

Almost all of our gear will also be portable for on-location productions, accommodated nicely by our two luxurious motor homes.

This full time position offers a salary of $40,000 (with no state income tax), full medical benefits, three weeks annual paid vacation, and the possibility of large annual bonuses.

Please peruse our website (SoutheasternStudios.com) and, if interested, e-mail your resume to Tim@SoutheasternStudios.com. Sorry -- no telephone calls, please.

Thanks,

Tim Pipher

• Premium Member
Are you looking for someone in the states or can anyone from any part of the world apply? ;)

Hello Marcos. I like your reel -- what role(s) did you play in those productions?

In answer to your question, I'd love for you to apply. Are you able to currently work in the States? If not, do you (or anyone) have any insight as to the procedure of making someone from outside the U.S. eligible to work here?

I'm originally from Toronto (I noticed the 416 area code on your phone #) but I got in the easy way -- married my American wife 23 years ago.

Hey Tim:

Well I studied in Toronto, he he and I see I forgot to change my number.

I'm going to send you my resume and Film Resume, in order for me to be able to work in the States, I need a job offer and for my employer to go thru a few steps:

"Permission to work must be obtained in the USA by an employer who wishes to hire you. This can be a long and extensive procedure, requiring the employer to prove that there are no qualified USA workers available to do the work.

After your employment sponsor has been granted approval for you by the INS, it is up to you to apply for a nonimmigrant visa by completing a Nonimmigrant Visa Application."

That's what I found, there are a lot of Immigration Lawyers that can help accelerate the process, well a little bit. I have one immigration Lawyer that told me to get a job offer and she can take care of the immigration process, she's in Florida.

As per my portfolio, I directed most of them, the only one I didn't direct was the "Vivo por Amore" Rough cut, I DP it, the other ones I directed, they are mostly commercials, and a couple of documentaries and my short film.

I also edited all the C&A commercials and the Sorteo Tec infomercial.

Just got more information regarding work visas, it can be accelerated if need it, specially if it is for art, film, video, concerts or athletes. But the cost goes up :blink: .

I also have all the related information of what does the employer needs to send over to INS or an immigration lawyer.

Hope this helps if people from outside the states applied, just like me :D.

Good luck Tim, and this project can make it, it's just a matter of determination, and good sales. ;)