Ever seen this motor?

Gustavo Figueroa

• Site Sponsor
I found this motor on ebay just wanted to know if any of you knew any extra info on it. I mean from the looks of it its obviously a variable speed motor maybe the Perfectone version of it? I'am not to sure let me know what you think. Thanks.

A friend of mine has a 24fps version of this for his eclair NPR....

-Rob-

A friend of mine has a 24fps version of this for his eclair NPR....

-Rob-

Same here. Its just this motor caught by surprise since the only variable perfectone motors I know are usually conversions Jensen, Ciblo, AZ Spectrum etc. Then theres Beala but thats not perfectone. Just wierd lol.

• Premium Member

It's a Perfectone motor for the Eclair NPR, and appears to be in very good shape for its age. Does it have any kind of tachometer on it? Unlike the Arri's, Eclair didn't have one built into the camera. Without one, you'd be flying blind on frame rate and exposure.

-- J.S.

It's a Perfectone motor for the Eclair NPR, and appears to be in very good shape for its age. Does it have any kind of tachometer on it? Unlike the Arri's, Eclair didn't have one built into the camera. Without one, you'd be flying blind on frame rate and exposure.

Well the tachometer is a bit different on the Eclair. Its a light built into the motor that lets you know if your in sync. Well i bought it so when it gets here I'll be able to get a closer inspection.

-- J.S.