Demo Reel 07-08

David Regan

• Premium Member

So I finally have my first serious attempt at putting together a reel of my work. I'd really appreciate any comments or criticisms, feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sorry, please excuse the odd aspect ratio of some of the footage, that project's footage is all SD at the moment and everything else is HD so there is the odd windowing effect, I'm working on fixing it.

Thanks for checking it out, let me know if the link doesn't work.

http://blip.tv/file/680713

Cheers

Edited by David Regan

• Premium Member
Take out he Miller shot and you'll be in good shape. It doesn't fit, nor look much like a commerical tabletop one would see for Miller.

Yes I certainly agree, that was for a class project, not really sure why I put it in there in the first place <_<. Anyways, thanks for the tip, will do.

Edited by David Regan

• Premium Member

Looks pretty good. I agree with the miller shot. Love the RJd2 track.

Only thing I would say would be to perhaps link out to the source-file like i do for my signature, the flv conversion doesn't do it justice, though the .mov will take a minute or two to load

• Premium Member
Looks pretty good. I agree with the miller shot. Love the RJd2 track.

Only thing I would say would be to perhaps link out to the source-file like i do for my signature, the flv conversion doesn't do it justice, though the .mov will take a minute or two to load

Thanks for the response. Any chance you could give me a pointer on how to make such a link out, I'm sure its something obvious I'm missing.

It looks good.

I did however find the music quite distracting.

Cheers

S

Thanks Serge. Can't decide on the music yet, some people like it, while others have likewise found it distracting. I have another possibility so I'm not sure yet what I'll use, but I'll keep it under advisement.

Thanks again all.

• Premium Member

whaat you do, is on your dashboard page, click on share, it'll link out to the flv, and from there you can grab the "permalink," to the source file. Hope that makes some sense.

For putting it in your signature, you just go under my controls here and edit your signature inserting the URL.

• 1 month later...

It felt a bit long. Try to cut it down to a minute-thirty or even a minute. Only keep what you feel is really exceptional. You had some nice stuff in there, but also some stuff that was fairly run-of-the-mill.

• Premium Member

I would take Matt's advice and cut it to a minute. You're right out of school, you need a very short, solid presentation. It's awfully tough to do, but you'll come out with a better, tighter showpiece.