SEEKING Alcon 54 Motor for Eclair NPR

Jon Petro

Hello,

I posted this in the classifieds but figured I would post it here too. I am looking for one of the Alcon Motors. I know people on this forum have them, at least 2 times I have read of someone having 2. I would love to take one off your hands.

Let me know if anyone is interested in selling me one.

Thanks,

Jon

• Premium Member

Hi Jon,

I assume you mean me, I own two of those which I bought from Alain LeTourneau, but have no intention of selling either, sorry.

Only one of them has the electronics for wild speeds from 8 to 40fps IIRC. The other one is 24/25 fps only. I have never seen a true 54 that runs up to 54fps as of yet. As for other Alcans I have seen these pop up on ebay every once in a while. Maybe you can snatch one of these up with a second camera body. BTW, please don't cross post to multiple subforums.

Regards, Dave

hey Jon I looked at thi post in craigslist

I tried to buy one of them and the guy won't let me split his package

but maybe you can

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pho/581675331.html

Martin,

That's funny I sent that Craigslist guy an email too about buying one of the motors. So I guess he won't go for it. Oh well, I will find one eventually.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I assume you mean me, I own two of those which I bought from Alain LeTourneau, but have no intention of selling either, sorry.

Only one of them has the electronics for wild speeds from 8 to 40fps IIRC. The other one is 24/25 fps only. I have never seen a true 54 that runs up to 54fps as of yet. As for other Alcans I have seen these pop up on ebay every once in a while. Maybe you can snatch one of these up with a second camera body. BTW, please don't cross post to multiple subforums.

Regards, Dave

I didn't know who I meant I just remember reading a couple posts about people having multiples. I will get one eventually. I think the guy at AZ Spectrum can modify your motors to run at higher speeds. I have visited his site and he seems to do a lot with a lot of motors. Not sure of his pricing though.

It's only recently I have been looking for a new motor. I have had an NPR for years and I am sure missed a ton of extras on Ebay such as an Alcan. Now I will make it a point to always keep an eye out of for stuff for the cameras I own.

Thanks for both of your replies I am sure I will get one eventually.

Jon