color correction

Jaime Toruno

I was looking at a music video and love the first 3 shots, the color looks great, I have Final Cut Studio 2 and have been told that magic bullet is great, but would it help me to achieve that look, and if not what is a good software out there or what do I need to do in post to achieve this look? thank you'll much!

Music video

http://www.redrockmicro.com/footage/HVX200...coldhearted.mov

Magic Bullet is a great suite for adding "film like" effects, and allows you to add them much faster than by conventional means, however with FCS2, from my experience, you can customize the look quite a bit more in Color, and (correct me if I'm wrong) seems to have a better integration going back into FCP. Essentially all that I can see was some gamma tweaking, and a selective desaturation, targeting the area outside the blues, and maybe doing a slight cooling effect with the white balance.

I havent used Magic Bullet in a while, but last I knew it was only available for After Effects.

• Premium Member

I would recommend color as it's fully integrated with FCP. Though rendering leaves a bit to be desired.

I havn't used magic bullet, though, but as far as I know, it is for AE only.

You could get close to that with 3 way color corrector if your source footage is already pretty close.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jaime Toruno and all others,

my small experience using AE i love the way it correct the color using color correction effects and also using Film Magic Pro and Color Finesse 2 and also using magic bullet :) to get the color u need :)

thank you.