Stop Motion animation

Hi all,

I was approached by a director that I have worked with in the past to shoot another short film - only this time he wants to try stop motion and wants me to work with him again. I wanted to see what resources are available and see if anyone knows where I might find more information on the topic since I am relatively new to this.

Thanks

• Premium Member

There's been a few articles in the past yr in American Cinematographer on it; I thinnk maybe from 2 months ago and maybe 5 months before that.

From what I've read they're using DSLR cameras and capturing into the computer as Tiffs or RAW depending, tweaking in photoshop and then shooting it over to their editing system. Dunno if that really helped or the like, but essentially all the same rules of cinematography would apply, only, you know, you'd probably be doing it with a still camera and it would take a very long time.

• Premium Member
anyone???

There's been many discussions about this on CML, most recently on CML-PRO if you pop over there and take a look. There are little applications that can make this easier. I haven't done it and wouldn't want to say more.

jb