Arri SR II

Guest Tony DeRosa

Guest Tony D

Real quick question,

Shooting on the SR II, when focusing the eye piece to my eye/ground class I know its correct when the tv safe and cross mark is sharp, correct?

Haven't shot on this camera so I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Real quick question,

Shooting on the SR II, when focusing the eye piece to my eye/ground class I know its correct when the tv safe and cross mark is sharp, correct?

Haven't shot on this camera so I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

It helps if you take the lens off and point the port at a bright source. Sometimes you can get it sharp enough to see grain in the groundglass. Remember to check it during the day as your eye will wear out. Good luck.

• Premium Member
Real quick question,

It can be.

I think a better way is to open BOTH eyes. With your non shooting eye look at something in the far distance with your lens set at infinity.

Then focus the diopter and try pick the GG sharpness with your peripheral vision in your shooting eye. Or without loosing EYEBALL focus on infinity.

This way, you aren't focussing closer than you need to, which can cause eyestrain.

You have set your eyeballs to infinity focus and focused the GG to your own eyeball's infiinity. Which is when the focus muscle of your iris is most relaxed.

Works for me anyway....

jb (likes to operate with both eyes open)