Panaflex Millenium on e-bay

Henri Titchen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I remember seeing a battered old Millenium with a 1000' mag ( bare cases only - no mechs or guts ) on eBay about a year and a half ago.

It was advertised as an ex-Disney prop and sold for over $1000.00 from what I recall. :unsure:

John S

• 7 months later...
I remember seeing a battered old Millenium with a 1000' mag ( bare cases only - no mechs or guts ) on eBay about a year and a half ago.

It was advertised as an ex-Disney prop and sold for over $1000.00 from what I recall. :unsure:

John S

all that you would have needed to do is stuff an old mitchell in there and you have a modern Pana! LOL... In effect that is all those cameras are, just glorified BNCR's... smaller and easier to work with, but the same general design. imagine the possibilities... cramming an old mitchell into that little modern shell. heh heh.

anyway.

Here's a Panavision PSR for sale.

http://www.cinemagear.com/index_files/Page1593.htm

Comes with some history, too. A little pricey though, and no glass :(

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

Hmm, I wonder about that one. It highlights "The Star Wars" with the date of 1980. Not sure how that can be since Episode IV was released in 1977, Empire Strikes Back in 1980, and Jedi in 1983. <_<

Hmm, I wonder about that one. It highlights "The Star Wars" with the date of 1980. Not sure how that can be since Episode IV was released in 1977, Empire Strikes Back in 1980, and Jedi in 1983. <_<

I think if you look at the actual plate on the camera it lists star wars at 1976.

$100,000! Star wars was cool, but it wasn't THAT cool! :)

The picture with Lucas !! its not a Panaflex !!!!!!! its a R 200 which was a lighter weight version of the BNCR , Panavision did alway base their cameras on Mitchell Movements , the small Panaflex they introduced in the earl 70's was a huge move !! Now with all the crap that is added to it !! almost back to size and weight of the R200 !!!