Really Fast Camera Moves...

Hello, this might have already been talked about before but I couldn't really find anything from searching.

I am looking to do really fast camera moves. I want to be able to keep up if not go faster than somebody in full sprint. And I want the moves to be very fluid and seamless yet the terrain we are on is going to be pretty bumpy, open desert area.

Are there rigs to go onto a jeep or something? 4-wheeler? Golf Cart?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Hello, this might have already been talked about before but I couldn't really find anything from searching.

I am looking to do really fast camera moves. I want to be able to keep up if not go faster than somebody in full sprint. And I want the moves to be very fluid and seamless yet the terrain we are on is going to be pretty bumpy, open desert area.

Are there rigs to go onto a jeep or something? 4-wheeler? Golf Cart?

Any tips would be appreciated.

• Premium Member

How bumpy the terrain is will determine whether the shot you want is doable or not with a steadicam hard mounted to a vehicle. Obviously, the bumpier it is, the less speed is possible. If you're unsure whether or not it's too bumpy for steadicam, you should probably look into other options like a Libra Head, or some other kind of stabilized head mounted to a vehicle.

So I looked into different things.... A Russian Arm would be ideal, but I cant seem to mount a 4C with 1000ft mag on it. Is there something like this that I am not aware of? I am shooting with a 4C for Hi Frame rate, so I cant really put it on a stedicam and strap him into a Golf Cart either.