NAB brochure

Emanuel A Guedes

• Premium Member
For those whom the RED propaganda does not hurt and for the other ones too, here is where you can download without crashing:

http://red.cachefly.net/nab/nab2008.pdf

Courtesy of Ryan Erwin (RED website) via reduser.net.

Hi Emanuel,

It's all on the Red website, what a waste of bandwidth trying to download that over the last few hours. No new information in the PDF!

Stephen

RED propaganda :lol: My disclaimer. Yes, red.com is crashing. Anyway. Jim is only following the formula. It's the same with any tech company anywhere. Same standards. Arri, Cooke, Zeiss, Sony, Dalsa... Same story.

With a particular difference. We the poor ones, the mass people have had a bonus, denominated RED ONE.

SCARLET has just been added as part of a bunch.

A 5K system for more than twice the price is clearly out of scope IMHO.

But maybe Jim may sell half dozen or a dozen for a few who will shoot blockbusters or commercials or yet subsidized pseudo-art later. Most part with the money of the european tax-payers, including those who contribute in pounds.

Hi Emanuel,

It's all on the Red website, what a waste of bandwidth trying to download that over the last few hours. No new information in the PDF!

Stephen

So, why is there no Scarlet folder on this forum?

Come on; chop-chop; we haven't got all day! :-)

• Premium Member

I don't understand this whining about the camera being too expensive, with the weak dollar, 40K or 30K or whatever really isn't that much money if you have a good business model. Especially since it gives Red the opportunity to fix everything they got wrong the first time around. That should be worth a slight price increase.

I don't understand this whining about the camera being too expensive (...)

What market segment are you talking about? (If the market you're referring to) Under $3K? I wouldn't take you seriously. Because it's not the one that has called your attention, so...

(...) if you have a good business model.(...)

What kind of business plan are you talking about? ;) Ah, you're saying «business model». So, what kind of business model can we find for certain movie art projects in order to go with a S35mm sensor sized acquisition device? Apart those already above-mentioned «blockbusters or commercials or subsidized pseudo-art» and all the rest also known as mainstream, including those in the rental-market-based?

(...) Especially since it gives Red the opportunity to fix everything they got wrong the first time around. (...)

With which money they will «fix everything they got wrong the first time around»? With the half-dozen or a dozen sold to the «usual suspects» ? C'mon, give me a break...

(...) with the weak dollar, 40K or 30K or whatever really isn't that much money (...) That should be worth a slight price increase.

First off, it's too much funny checking you, well informed on that doubt (price point), coming from an attentive watching on today's boards of reduser.net. It's also comic (or maybe just interesting) a convinced non-customer so far :) commenting the opinion of an actual buyer.

But perhaps will you be thinking to register as reduser.net member in 2009? Or who knows if not already in 2008? -- be welcome there! (where have I already heard this? :lol:)

Or maybe Jim so tired of so much bashing, he hadn't lost the hope to have all of you contributing there for his well succeeded business.

At least, to me I'm happy as RED ONE contributor. I'm just wondering how many EPIC contributors there will be...

As second spot, how can you call a percentage of 128.5 points as a «slight price increase» ?!!...

Or how can 128.5% (if $40K) be the same as 71.4% (if $30K) !?? They are truly different from each other or it just me?... :D

IT'S NOT !!! No matter which brain washing you «usual suspects» have been doing here to this revolutionary camera maker (I hope not retired YET ! <_< )

You sound really sore Emanuel...

Are you talking about my 128.5% financial upgrade next year? Yes.

Anyway, I've already answered on another thread where you can know my feelings, as you wish:

He simply can't lose or he would close the door. Epic is not a closing. He's just opening new doors. I don't believe that Epic may bring more profit than the RED ONE. He will try to bring some early adopters -- part of his strategy IMO. But the hype is not more around the US$17,500.00... As loyal customer, my disappointment. I wish him all the best though.

Unfortunately, the RED ONE has just been a test meal under the manufacturer's POV. A bonus under our own (the RED ONE customers' POV). And it's ended.

No matter what Jim may come to say on subject. He needs to keep up the hype (alive). Including in order to the success of the Epic.

(...)