Arriscope Lenses

Landon D. Parks

Publicly supporting any candidate without a firm basis of facts to stand on is a serious dis-service to you, the people around you, and the well being of democracy in general. Kieth layed down a number of very real, very scary issues that are facts. Not just some liberal propaganda, or media spin. To ignore these and support an individual just because you like their personality, or the way they speak to your beliefs is not the way to pick a candidate. Organizing masses of people, and canvasing your city with signs to spread this ignorance just multiplies the problem. And then to have the audacity to say you won't vote because "it wouldn't really matter" is absoulutely vile. Your actions made a difference, maybe good maybe very bad, and now you don't have the philosophy to back it up. This statement completely undermines the fundamental principal of democracy... But if you don't take an active stance in educating yourself about the issues that are affected by your voice.. keep your mouth shut. The most patriotic thing you can do for your country is to question the very leaders we support, and hold them accountable for their actions. We have the power, and it is being dilluted by people who make decisions based on soundbites, and slanted commentary. Always question the source, and always think about WHY you are being fed certain pieces of news. Blind faith in the goodness of those who lead you will only lead to our own demise.

I understand that you will have comments that differ from mine. I however did what I did after considering ALL of whats going in america. you dont think I took into consideration all the stuff you are saying? I hope you know, that by saying I am wrong by choosing bush, and that I did not consider ALL the facts, then your also telling 60,000,000 + Voters the same thing.

When I said I would not vote, I was saying that even though I support Bush, I DOUBT I would vote. Because I am working for the better good to get LARGE amounts of people to vote, my ONE vote will not make or break a presidency. I was however aiming for a larger group of people, as those votes do count.

you also have to look at this: Bush has the highest popularity vote of an president in U.S history, I'd say thats saying somthing.

How bout the Arriscopes?

What about'em?

Edited by Landon D. Parks

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Hi,

I wasn't going to go down this road - in fact, yesterday, I steeled myself from doing so, and contented myself with slinging epithets in a westerly direction and hurling cushions at the TV. On the upside, though, it had long been my unsupported opinion that the majority of those living in "the middle bit" of the US are backward, undereducated, poop-kicking rednecks with the social conscience of a praying mantis. Now, however, I actually have incontrovertible proof that they are backward, undereducated poop-kicking rednecks with the social conscience of a praying mantis.

The words "what were you thinking" might seem a little redundant at this point, but for christ's sake, what on earth were you thinking? How is it possible to contrive the viewpoint that the Bush "presidency" has been anything other than a complete and unmitigated disaster - nationally, internationally, socially, economically? I appreciate that most of the middle-bitters only have the haziest understanding of concepts like "the rest of the world", and don't much care what the people who live there think of them, but really - it's going to be raining 747s so hard the weather presenters'll need a special symbol for it and that's not intended as unwarranted flippancy.

Nope, it's nothing to do with me (well, it is, for these following reasons). Yep, Blair's almost as bad, and the UK, like the US, lacks an electable alternative. But if the US drags the entire world into a gigantic economic depression as it has dragged the world into its "war on terror", it's not unreasonable to fear a socio-economic and paramilitary holocaust which will make 9/11 look like a snowflake against the iceberg that sank Titanic, which will be irrevocably and unavoidably the fault of those just-over-half of all Americans.

To re-coin a WW2 phrase - thanks, Yanks.

Phil

• Premium Member
you also have to look at this: Bush has the highest popularity vote of an president in U.S history, I'd say thats saying somthing.

Yes, it says something about you blindly swallowing republican propaganda. The reason Bush got the most votes ever is because the population of the US is the highest ever and because the percentage of people voting was the highest since the 60s.

What really determinates popularity is the percentage of people who voted for a candiadate and in that category Bush is not very impressive at 51%. it certainly does not comapre to the landslide elections of Roosevelt during the New Deal and Johnson in 64.

What about'em?

I don't know, you brought them up. And promptly erased them when they became embarrassing.

I don't know, you brought them up. And promptly erased them when they became embarrassing.

Excuse me? Embarrassed about what? Asking about Arriscope Lenses? that dont seem very embarring to me. I asked what they where, and I think it was dan that replyed and told me. So I then edited my origional question because it was a billion words long. I made no since to keep it there, but if you want it back... then ok.

the origional question was somthing to the extent of: what are arriscope lenses, and who makes them. where and how much do they cost to rent.

I'm absolutely delighted, and saddened at the same time by the fact that individuals outside of this country know more about our petty history then we do. It's sad to say that our education system has degraded to a point that most citizens know very little about the reletively short history of their own country. Hell, if we cut back on just two or three of those laser guided missles we could fund a fairly expansive education program for a year.... Of course the defense contractors might disagree

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
I'm absolutely delighted, and saddened at the same time by the fact that individuals outside of this country know more about our petty history then we do.  It's sad to say that our education system has degraded to a point that most citizens know very little about the reletively short history of their own country.  Hell, if we cut back on just two or three of those laser guided missles we could fund a fairly expansive education program for a year....  Of course the defense contractors might disagree

The U.S spends more on their military than the whole of Europe. I don't think it would be a bad idea to cut back a bit, it's as though America is planning on fighting a war of attrition, but with Nukes and Tomahawks.

And as easy as it is reading a McDonalds menu, it's easy to learn Americas history.

Edited by Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

• Premium Member
So I then edited my origional question because it was a billion words long.

If only that was something you did more often. Well at least you have edited your signature, which used to be much longer than your posts, if equally devoid of information.

And as easy as it is reading a McDonalds menu, it's easy to learn Americas history.

I agree..

If only that was something you did more often. Well at least you have edited your signature, which used to be much longer than your posts, if equally devoid of information.

Devoid of information? Im not sure I understand what you mean. If your saying my questions I ask lack information, then Im sorry. But if I leave somthing out of the questions, thats probably becuase thats the reason Im asking it. If you know everything about your question, why ask it?

Anyway, Just forget about the Political crap... I understand that I should not have posted my political banner, and that kerry should have won :ph34r: . However, Bush won. And there is no going back now. He WILL be in office 4 more years, so lets just forget about it ok? Lets get back to filmmaking and me asking my Devoid questions.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

You should learn how to read properly Landon. If you look at my sentence, you will notice that 'devoid of information' is a description of your 'posts', not your 'questions'.

I think you should learn to stop being so rude...

You should learn how to read properly Landon. If you look at my sentence, you will notice that 'devoid of information' is a description of your 'posts', not your 'questions'.

Ok, I simply miss-understood you... Sorry.

• Premium Member
Hitler was also elected by popular vote at one time......

Finally, someone tripped Godwin's Law!

Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one. There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is over."

Move on, nothing to see here.. . next thread.

Finally, someone tripped Godwin's Law!

Godwin's Law:  "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.  There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is over."

Move on, nothing to see here.. .  next thread.

I agree. This is just turning stale. And if people haven't got anything better to do than argue over something as pathetic as this, then they should really consider getting a life, or even better, go make a film!

• Premium Member

Huh? What the hell is a "popularity vote"? Please just admit for once that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And PLEASE learn how to write, spell, and read. It's really very sad and annoying that you can't seem to communicate above a third grade level but you purport to understand politics and to know what's going on in the world. I think all of us are a bit dumber after reading your posts.

Edited by grimmett

Move on, nothing to see here.. . next thread

Grimmett just leave it at that.. -_-

• Premium Member
Columbia Tri-Star?  I didn't think the Tri-Star banner was in use anymore.  That's from more then a decade ago.

Columbia Tri-Star is now just a brand name of Sonys, one of many. They are now just men in suits commisioning, its sad really, but I guess thats progress in this Bush ran world! The film will be released by another devision Destination Films. I dont know why Sony just dont scrap all the different departments and devision names, I guess they know that people like nostalgia and would rather not know that single multi-nationals own everything.

Keith

• Premium Member
Bush ran world?

Bush ran world, world run by Bush...whatever just making a comment about the corporate use of brand names to reasure customers via nostalgia. But thanks Dan it reminds me that I do have something in common with Bush- the ability to completely mangle the English language! In my case I'll put it down to my dislexia, in his case? The guy is probably dislexic himself (Babs is a big supporter of dislexic charitys) although obviously as the Pres he wouldn't want to admit to a flaw which might confuse middle america.

Keith

I do have something in common with Bush- the ability to completely mangle the English language!

Some would say Landon's a natural when it comes to that

(Not me, I know what you mean, but I'm sure Grimmett would)