400 ft. magazine plate

Bill DiPietra

• Premium Member

Hi. I just bought a 400' ft. mag for my Arri S and I'm looking to buy the protective metal plate that holds the film loop while it is loaded but not attached to the camera (hopefully everyone knows what I'm talking about.) Other than eBay, anybody know where I might find this?

Many thanks.

• Premium Member
Bill,

Could be wrong but I don't think ARRI ever made a "loop protector" for the Arriflex 16S magazines. I've never seen one anyway.

Best,

-Tim

Ok. I know I saw it on the BL magazines so I figured it was made for the 16S as well. I'll give ARRI an e-mail...they've been very helpful in the past.

Thanks, Tim.

Hi Bill,

Im not sure what exactly you're talking about, but I hope you find it, if it exists.

Also, does this mean you have found a torque motor? If so, is it 8 or 12 volts, and where'd you find it?

Take care.

• Premium Member
Hi Bill,

Im not sure what exactly you're talking about, but I hope you find it, if it exists.

Also, does this mean you have found a torque motor? If so, is it 8 or 12 volts, and where'd you find it?

Take care.

Keneu,

Haven't picked up a motor yet, but it looks like I'll be getting the motor and the conversion done by Visual Products.