Converted K3 Camera to super 16mm , help with viewfinder

Jonas Hendrix

Hello ,

I just converted a K3 at Duallcamera in NY , they did a great job , but now i have to align the viewfinder and the ground-glass , any help here , i have to do some commercial work with my camera and its really annoying that i can not see what i shoot ..

any ideas ?? the camera is great , i have some vignetting issues , but besides that im a happy camper .

cheers

Jonas

:rolleyes:

Wish I could help but I know nothing of the K3, but I have to ask you one thing:

How can you call that conversion a "great job" when you don't know what you're framing?

You should have a proper, accurate viewfinder if the job was done properly.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Edited by Jean-Louis Seguin

Hi Jonas,

I have the same issue with my K-3. Les Bosher did a very nice s-16 conversion with a Nikon mount on mine, but he explained to me that the viewfinder correction would be very difficult and maybe expensive. I don't remember exactly why, but I am getting used to imagining another 20% to the right of my frame... Please let me know if you find a convenient solution.

Thanks,

Kristian

• Premium Member

Duall did mine about 3 years ago and basically drilled out the viewfinder to make it wider, I think he charged $120 or so above the normal conversion for it. Not perfect, but I can see more to the right side than before. Of course the S16 conversion was just an enlarged gate, not actually resetting the mount to be centered.

Bernie O'Doherty at Super 16, Inc. did his laserbrightening process on it and I was amazed at how much brighter the viewfinder was. Check with Bernie about doing that on your camera, I highly recommend it... maybe next time you send it in for maintenance.

Duall did mine about 3 years ago and basically drilled out the viewfinder to make it wider, I think he charged $120 or so above the normal conversion for it. Not perfect, but I can see more to the right side than before. Of course the S16 conversion was just an enlarged gate, not actually resetting the mount to be centered.

Bernie O'Doherty at Super 16, Inc. did his laserbrightening process on it and I was amazed at how much brighter the viewfinder was. Check with Bernie about doing that on your camera, I highly recommend it... maybe next time you send it in for maintenance.

Thanks a lot for the tip Will , i will check that out , i just email'd Bernie , to see what he can do for me , ill keep you guys posted with the results , for now i have today a shoot and we will have to imagine a bit more ..

ps , has anyone knows if the zigview could be used as s video tap ?? i just bought one for my camera , just have not had the time to adapt a bracket for it ?? myabe im just loosing time and i should sell it on ebay ?