arri 35-2C , PL mount, Jurgens Door, CE base, kit

Andrew Stroud

For Sale Arri 2C kit Extensively modernized and converted in 1999 by Otto Nemenz. PL Mount. Super 35mm gate. Cinematography Electronics Crystal Motor Base 1-80fps. Highspeed gate. Sony Color Video tap. Jurgens viewfinder door.

Accessories: 15mm base plate, rods,6x6 matte box, Mk 1 Arri Follow focus. 200' mag, 3x400' mags, Sachtler 7+7 fluid head, cables and cases.

USD $9500 offers welcome

email for pictures, serials and details.

Andrew Stroud

astro@andrewstroud.co.nz

Home 0064 9 6202117

Mobile 0064 21 645 048

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0835136/

Edited by Andrew Stroud

• 4 weeks later...

New Asking Price : USD $7000

For Sale Arri 2C kit Extensively modernized and converted in 1999 by Otto Nemenz. PL Mount. Super 35mm gate. Cinematography Electronics Crystal Motor Base 1-80fps. Highspeed gate. Sony Color Video tap. Jurgens viewfinder door.

Accessories: 15mm base plate, rods,6x6 matte box, Mk 1 Arri Follow focus. 200' mag, 3x400' mags, Sachtler 7+7 fluid head, cables and cases.

USD $9500 offers welcome

email for pictures, serials and details.

Andrew Stroud

astro@andrewstroud.co.nz

Home 0064 9 6202117

Mobile 0064 21 645 048

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0835136/

• Premium Member
Extensively modernized and converted in 1999 by Otto Nemenz. PL Mount. Super 35mm gate . . . Highspeed gate. Sony Color Video tap. Jurgens viewfinder door.

Andrew,

Can you clarify the gate situation on the camera? When you say "Super 35mm gate", are you referring to the old IIC Silent Aperture gate? And if the camera has the Silent Aperture (Super 35) gate, was the "PL mount front" put on the camera so that the PL mount is centered in the Silent Aperture (Super 35) gate, or is the PL mount in the position of the original Arriflex IIC lens mounts, centered on the Academy Aperture gate?

If the camera does have the Silent Aperture (Super 35) gate, has the viewfinder/ground glass been opened up so you can see the entire Silent Aperture image area? The original Arriflex IIC viewfinder/ground glass could see to the top and bottom of the Silent Aperture (Super 35) image area, but not all the way to the "soundtrack" side of the image area. Same question as far as the Jurgen's video tap, can it see the entire Silent Aperture (Super 35) image area?

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi Tim,

The camera has a full aperture gate (24mm x 17mm). I'm not sure if the PL mount has been centred to the gate, I've never checked.

The ground glass holder has not been modified to accept super 35 ground glasses.

The Jurgen door looks as though it could get super 35 image coverage but I'm unsure of this. I have listed in the inventory that the viewfinder is "N35". Someone with more experience of Jurgen products could advise on this.

Otto Nemenz carried out the PL mount conversion in 1999 on behalf of the previous owner Cranbrook films NZ so I'm not party to the ultimate details of the conversion. I have always shot std 35 projects with the camera.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Premium Member
Hi Tim,

The camera has a full aperture gate (24mm x 17mm). I'm not sure if the PL mount has been centred to the gate, I've never checked.

Andrew.

Hi,

Probably not, as many PL mounted lenses will then hit the mirror. Any camera where the mirror is at the side has this issue, Arri II, III Ultracam & many others. It's not something that anybody wanted to do at the time when the cameras were designed, that's why the mirror is at the bottom in most recent cameras.

Stephen