New Audio Boards & i/pin Upgrades

Stephen Williams

• Premium Member

Hi,

Red are going to replace the audio boards & carry out the upgrade to the i/pin totally free of charge. They will also pay the shipping costs involved.

I am interested how this works out for foreign customers with regard to taxes & duties.

Stephen

• Premium Member
If it is for service work with a support ticket at RMA, than these are recognized by most countries and no tax is applied.

Hi Mitch,

It never really worked when I was getting IMC MOCO equipment fixed in the past. Flying over with an ATA carnet was usually the quickest & cheapeat route.

Stephen

• Premium Member
Hi,

Red are going to replace the audio boards & carry out the upgrade to the i/pin totally free of charge. They will also pay the shipping costs involved.

I am interested how this works out for foreign customers with regard to taxes & duties.

Stephen

Where did you hear about this?

There's nothing about it on Reduser or RED.com that I can see.

Or is it because you only have a "half-interest" in a Red ( :lol: ) that you only have half the story...

Or is it because you only have a "half-interest" in a Red ( :lol: ) that you only have half the story...

Not the main man doing the announcing:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17565

Speaking of the i/pin, it looks like the IMS mount is available regardless of any warranty issues, as is the Birger mount.

• Premium Member

Hi Keith,

I currently don't have an investment in a Red camera.

What I find interesting is that very few owners were mentioning that there was any problem with sound.

Stephen

• Premium Member
Hi Keith,

I currently don't have an investment in a Red camera.

I know. But I was hoping a certain occasional poster with the permanent irony bypass would chime in, thus giving me an opportuninty to ask him cryptic questions about any bladder problems he may have been experiencing recently , such as a sudden and unexplained drop in urine volume :lol:

No doubt further puzzing our American cousins as well....

What I find interesting is that very few owners were mentioning that there was any problem with sound.

Stephen

Well, that's probably because Redcode only started seriously supporting sound recently.

What I find interesting is the number of Fanboys going totally fermented over the RED's "stunning" new sound record capabilities, which they haven't even heard yet.

I mean, how good can sound GET exactly? DAT has been more than good enough for the past 15 years or so. Hundreds of movies still scrub up fairly well that were recorded with 1/4" Nagras and the Dolby-C analog tracks that came with the old tube betacams were even better still.

Basically, sound recording got as good as it's ever going to get nearly 20 years ago. Video cameras still have a long way to go.

• Premium Member
Not the main man doing the announcing:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17565

It appears the i/Pin upgrade is the real issue; the Audio board is just along for the ride.

I'd love to know what the issue was with phantom powered microphones.

I have a theory as to what went wrong, but I guess I'll never find out now.

• Premium Member
I know. But I was hoping a certain occasional poster with the permanent irony bypass would chime in, thus giving me an opportuninty to ask him cryptic questions about any bladder problems he may have been experiencing recently , such as a sudden and unexplained drop in urine volume :lol:

No doubt further puzzing our American cousins as well....

Hi,

I guess he is too busy with rethinking his company name & website as he used 'Red' in his company name.

Stephen

Hi,

I guess he is too busy with rethinking his company name & website as he used 'Red' in his company name.

Stephen

Noticed today that Sainsburys are selling RED radios, irons, DVD players etc. Apparently they're InspiRED... they'd best keep away from digital cameras.