Spectra Professional User Manual?

• Premium Member
Hi folks,

I recently got a vintage Spectra Pro off ebay (formerly owned by Clifford Ploand, ASC, BTW). Anyone got a manual or an idea where to get one?

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

I probably should look first before replying but I may still have mine. I will start digging.

You have a meter with history. Cool.

• Premium Member

I have a copy of the similar Combi-500 meter manual in .pdf form on my computer. I scanned it last year for another Forum member. If you'd like a copy, PM me with your email address.

• Premium Member

Hi Dave,

I found this which came with my meter. I don't recall anything more extensive as far as a manual. although if there is one I'd like to see it too, especially considering all the calculations that can be done with the wheels on the back that work kind of like a slide rule.

I snapped these real quickly but I can mail you a better copy if you want. Did you also get the insertable slides for ASA speeds and for multiplying footcandles?

It's funny on my shoot last week using 7219 I used my 250 slide, adjusting for a stop each time, because when I got the meter

there were no 500 ASA films stocks for which 500 slides were needed!

post-12764-1219886879.jpg

post-12764-1219886894.jpg

post-12764-1219886911.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
It's a pretty straightforward meter, you just need a good selection of slides for it.

True. But doesn't this meter also require calibration periodically?

And if you agree, where do you have yours maintained (East Coast?).

BC

• Premium Member
True. But doesn't this meter also require calibration periodically?

And if you agree, where do you have yours maintained (East Coast?).

BC

As recently as last year Spectra themselves calibrated Pros for $50. Quality Light-Metric in Hollywood, 323-467-2265 also calibrates meters. They did a minor repair and calibrated my Minolta Colormeter II last June for $90.