problem with Tevidon lens

Philippe Lignieres

Hi everybody,

I bought a nice Carl Zeiss Tevidon 25mm/f:1,4 (n° 13617) to fit my "new" Filmo 70DR (without any lens).

Ebay link is :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...N:IT&ih=002

It is C-mount, so i see i can focus on the little focusing device of the Filmo.

BUT it does not focus to infinity, as far as I can see.

Focusing ring was a little bit hard at the first time, but seems smooth now, but perhaps doesn't go far enough...?

Anyway, this is not normal, or I forget something ?

Many thanks to all.

Philippe Lignières

(poligise for my poor english)

Hi everybody,

I bought a nice Carl Zeiss Tevidon 25mm/f:1,4 (n° 13617) to fit my "new" Filmo 70DR (without any lens).

Ebay link is :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...N:IT&ih=002

It is C-mount, so i see i can focus on the little focusing device of the Filmo.

BUT it does not focus to infinity, as far as I can see.

Focusing ring was a little bit hard at the first time, but seems smooth now, but perhaps doesn't go far enough...?

Anyway, this is not normal, or I forget something ?

Many thanks to all.

Philippe Lignières

(poligise for my poor english)

Bonjour Philippe.

Il est possible que cet objectif soit plutot monture CS (profondeur 12,5mm au lieu de 17,5mm)

Dans ce cas, la mise au point n'est pas possible sans ajouter une bague rallonge de 5mm entre l'objectif et le boitier.

Essaye de distancer l'objectif du boitier d'environ 5mm pour voir si tu peux faire la mise au point.

Jean-Louis

Yes, of course.

I was suggesting that the lens he is trying to get to focus on a Filmo may be CS mount instead of C. Since the flange focal distance is 5mm shorter on the CS mount, I suggested that he try holding the lens about 5mm in front of the groundglass to see if he can obtain proper focus this way. That would confirm that he would need to add a 5mm extension tube between the lens and the body in order to focus.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Hi Jean-Louis,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Of course I thought to this kind of problem.

As far as I remember, C-mount lenses can be used on CS-mount with 5mm adapter ring, but CS doesn't fit C-mount anyway.

The problem is more simple to say, and impossible to solve. When focused to infinity, the rear lens element goes back longer than the C-mount standard allows. So it goes back as far to touch the camera body and cannot focus propely.

So this good deal IS NOT a good deal with a Filmo or a Beaulieu 6008S. With Bolex or 16mm Beaulieu, I don't know.

Anyway, with this kind of lens, (I got a 12,5 Cosmicar too), I have to change the central turret screw, because it too large, and that touch against the periphery of the lens.

Good nice little Filmo, but mind the lenses !!!!!

By the way, my Beaulieu is on sale.

A pure jewel, in a perfect state :

my camera Beaulieu 6008S digital (n° C7304082) + objectif Angénieux f/1,4 6-90

(n° 1478769)

Little been used, quasi new state, no scratches, impeccable lens, revised at ATR (Paris) especially for the sale (invoice n°3576).

Very stable run, easy to quartz, focusing on the totality of the groudglass, digital image counter.

If somedy look for it...