pro 35

iga wrotek

Hi

I just was helping a friend on the set, where he shot on F23 and pro35

and I loved the image.

I have never had any expirience with pro35 before. And want to use it for an upcoming project I'm going to shoot myself. It will be landscapes, and images of cities as well.

I wander what is Your expirience with PRO35?

Please share.

greetings

iga

Hi

I just was helping a friend on the set, where he shot on F23 and pro35

and I loved the image.

I have never had any expirience with pro35 before. And want to use it for an upcoming project I'm going to shoot myself. It will be landscapes, and images of cities as well.

I wander what is Your expirience with PRO35?

Please share.

greetings

iga

Iga, I've used it quite a bit on commercials, lifestyle -people stuff. The best thing about it for people is the 35 DoF it gives you.

It does eat up some light, so you should calculate an effective ISO with it on the camera. And it softens the video a bit, which I like for people. I'm not sure if I would bother with it for a shoot of landscapes and cityscapes, because you will probably be using wide lenses

and shallow DoF is not something you're after. maybe.

- Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
Iga, I've used it quite a bit on commercials, lifestyle -people stuff. The best thing about it for people is the 35 DoF it gives you.

It does eat up some light, so you should calculate an effective ISO with it on the camera. And it softens the video a bit, which I like for people. I'm not sure if I would bother with it for a shoot of landscapes and cityscapes, because you will probably be using wide lenses

and shallow DoF is not something you're after. maybe.

- Peter.

Peter

I see. But don't you think it would look great - very shallow DOF and wide lens? I want achieve more of an impression of the city and landscape, than going into just simply showing it....Unless there is a technical problem with using wide lenes with 35 mm adapter which I am not aware of.

Iga

• Premium Member
Peter

I see. But don't you think it would look great - very shallow DOF and wide lens? I want achieve more of an impression of the city and landscape, than going into just simply showing it....Unless there is a technical problem with using wide lenes with 35 mm adapter which I am not aware of.

Iga

Hi,

Very shallow DOF on a landscape, is not going to happen. Even on a person standing full screen, the background will never go very soft.

Stephen

Hi,

Very shallow DOF on a landscape, is not going to happen. Even on a person standing full screen, the background will never go very soft.

Stephen

I'm not sure if I'm well understood. I mean focusing ona straw of grass, and having whole world out of focus. It is possible.

i

• Premium Member

I would worry though 'bout taking off an adapter mid-shoot, as I'm sure there would be some form of "sharpening" happening once that ground-glass is out of the way (though not sure if the pro35 has a ground glass, but i'm assuming as most others do).

On an F-23, though with it's 2/3" sensors you shouldn't have that big of a problem throwing the BG out of focus... Hell, i can do it outside on an ex1, and that's prosumerish.

Though, correctly, any wide-vista shot probably won't be shallow DoF.. unless you were doing a marco shot.

Edited by Adrian Sierkowski